Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Mac 2.1 release

Old 10-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
BMT

Default Extreme lag not a "known issue" on KB article?

Hi,

Your knowledgebase article has no mention of the extreme lag that makes displays almost unusable on Mavericks.

Does this mean it is something that is being actively worked on and will be improved with the upcoming 2.1 software release rather than something that "Apple" have to fix?

Thanks.
BMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
zappcatt

Just another requesting an update on the sluggish mouse tracking on the DL monitor
zappcatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
Wim

Yes - we believe this will be fixed in the final v2.1 release. This is why it is not in the known issues list, as it was due to a change we needed to make in our driver for 10.9.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
ladiciuus

At least that is some good news. The lag is the biggest problem if you ask me. That is the reason why I and many others rolled back to ML.
ladiciuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
GrooveCharger

Smile

Me and my coworkers are in the same boat, please release a lag fix as soon as you can.
GrooveCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
zappcatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Yes - we believe this will be fixed in the final v2.1 release. This is why it is not in the known issues list, as it was due to a change we needed to make in our driver for 10.9.

Wim
So your Known issues list is actually a List of things we will blame others for and do not expect to fix?

Known issues lists by reputable companies list those items which are known issues which might interfere with the expected performance of a product at a certain time.

Leaving them off because they might be fixed in a future update at some time in the future? LOL
zappcatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
gilesmartin

any chance you could provide beta testers with a copy of these drivers so we can test for you? even if i have to manually install some kext files i will be ok.
gilesmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
ud-chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesmartin View Post
any chance you could provide beta testers with a copy of these drivers so we can test for you? even if i have to manually install some kext files i will be ok.
Hi,

I agree any chance of getting an advanced copy of these drivers would help out greatly. I have a few users that would really like to get this lag issue resolved (or I have to revert them back to ML).

Thanks.
ud-chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:43 AM   #9
itadmincrbc

The mouse lag is still there on the beta along with horrible video performance. The screen draws like an old video card from the year 2000. Feels like 15fps or less. Hopefully that has been fixed.
itadmincrbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #10
ud-chad

Can we get a timeframe as to when the final version of 2.1 will be released? Need to determine if we rollback to ML or wait for this update.
ud-chad is offline   Reply With Quote