Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 11-24-2021, 03:02 AM   #1
Zach

Default Anker Dock compatibility with Ubuntu Driver

I installed 5.4.1 driver to set up my Anker dock on Ubuntu 21.04, previously working fine on Windows 10 using the DisplayLink drivers. The installation completed and I rebooted, but my monitors stayed dark. I attempted to find some troubleshooting documentation to help me verify whether the driver is truly there, but only found this one. lsusb shows the Anker USB hub devices (ID 2109 but doesn't show anything Anker as the guide indicates it should. I did also attempt to run the installer provided on the Anker website, but it seems like a dated/ancient version of this same driver that I can't get the script to complete (version 1.2.65). All my updates are current for 21.04, and I've added a few additional dependencies to try and get the Anker installer to complete.

Does the 5.4.1 Ubuntu DisplayLink driver support all DisplayLink devices on Ubuntu, or only ones that have the specific device IDs listed in the FAQ? If it does, are there additional troubleshooting steps documented elsewhere that I could try?
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote