Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-03-2020, 03:23 PM   #1
JerryB

Default DisplayLink USB driver stopped loading

Hello,

This laptop computer has been using the DisplayLink drivers for quite a while to support two external monitors. However a few days ago, the external monitors stopped working. The USB hub functionality still works, but the external displays do not.

The device manager indicates the two DisplayLink USB Devices in Device Manager's Display Adapters section both show the yellow warning triangle and the property dialog says the drivers cannot be loaded with a Code 31.

I have tried numerous unloading, computer restart and reloading the DisplayLink installers (both the latest Versions 9 and 10 and a couple of previous versions) without success. I also disabled the Windows defender real-time protections during the DisplayLink install. The DisplayLink installer does not complain about any problems during the install, but the problem indication persists in device manager.

I have attached the support file created for a DisplayLink V9.2 M3 install.

I would appreciate some help getting the external monitors working again.

Thank you.
Jerry
Attached Files
File Type: zip DL_Windows_Logs_20201003_085746.zip (2.93 MB, 2 views)
JerryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:09 AM   #2
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.

I wanted to inform you that we are working closely with Microsoft on resolving this issue.

As soon as I will have new information or a possible workaraound/solution I will let you know.
If you would like to contact us directly, please send an email to us: technical_enquiries@displaylink.com

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 12:15 PM   #3
LFS92

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
Hello,

This laptop computer has been using the DisplayLink drivers for quite a while to support two external monitors. However a few days ago, the external monitors stopped working. The USB hub functionality still works, but the external displays do not.

The device manager indicates the two DisplayLink USB Devices in Device Manager's Display Adapters section both show the yellow warning triangle and the property dialog says the drivers cannot be loaded with a Code 31.

I have tried numerous unloading, computer restart and reloading the DisplayLink installers (both the latest Versions 9 and 10 and a couple of previous versions) without success. I also disabled the Windows defender real-time protections during the DisplayLink install. The DisplayLink installer does not complain about any problems during the install, but the problem indication persists in device manager.

I have attached the support file created for a DisplayLink V9.2 M3 install.

I would appreciate some help getting the external monitors working again.

Thank you.
Jerry
Exact same experience in my case, everything works but the displays. Did it occur after an update? I tried my dock with both out of date and up to date windows machines, everything works on the out of date machine but not the up to date ones.
LFS92 is offline   Reply With Quote