Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-08-2021, 09:12 PM   #1
markuk73

Default Issues with Dell D3100 Docking Station

Hi,

I have just purchased a Dell D3100 docking station so I can use my home Lenovo PC and my work Lenovo Thinkpad (both Windows 10) on dual monitors by switching between the two. However I'm having stability issues on both computers when connecting to the docking station, including:

- Unable to boot up Windows on the laptop when connected to the dock - if I do I get a black screen with a cursor and am unable to start up Explorer. I have to log in to Windows and then connect.
- Unable to shut down the laptop using Windows > Power or by Ctrl+Alt+Delete > Power - I have to hold the power button to switch off.
- Unable to put my PC to sleep - it stays asleep for a few minutes and then automatically shuts down.
- If I disconnect my laptop from the dock to work elsewhere and then reconnect it, the dock is no longer recognised and I have to reboot.
- Freezing of one or both monitors, requiring the docking station to be unplugged and restarted, which then clears the issue.

This is the third dock with Displaylink drivers that I have tried, having previously had a Wavlink and Displaylink dock, both of which I returned to Amazon.

I have tried removing all but the necessary USB peripherals, I have tried only using one computer (without the switch), and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers so many times I'm doing it in my sleep.

Before I return this one for a refund, does anyone have any ideas? Or is anyone aware of compatibility issues with Lenovo computers?

TIA
markuk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:16 PM   #2
markuk73

Default Update

I decided to return the Dell dock as I couldn't get it working properly. I then decided to buy a Lenovo dock as my PC and laptop are both Lenovo. And surprise, surprise, exactly the same thing happens. So it must be the Displaylink drivers.

Please could someone from the Displaylink team contact me asap?

Thank you.
markuk73 is offline   Reply With Quote