Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #51
JZ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Santee View Post
I was able to get it working. I had to fully uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot and then connect. I had tried upgrading the first time and it did not work. Everything is smooth and playable. Thank you!
This is what I had to do with my Surface Pro too...it took me a couple times, to get it figured out...and a few weird things happened BEFORE it would all work...(flickering screen, blank screen, etc)...but NOW (fingers crossed) I can play both Netflix and XBox Videos...

My suggestion: CREATE A RESTORE POINT first!

Also, I have a Thinkpad 3.0 Dock.

I AM STILL GETTING the laggy mouse though when I move it quickly (Logitech USB). A fix is in order still...but keep video please

PS...DEVS...I sent a "nasty gram" yesterday, before you posted the newest update (timing is everything!)...I think I was a little cruel, and out of character, sorry!
JZ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #52
Wim

Yes - after upgrade you will need to reboot before metro video works. Hopefully this will solve it for users that still have the same problem.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #53
roguevoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfpomfh View Post
Disable the USB port from devmgmt.msc temporarily, or unplug the USB cable.
This is funny. Disabling 6 usb displaylink devices to watch a netwflix video, that defeats the purpose of having multiple monitors on a laptop.
roguevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #54
surfacepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Yes - after upgrade you will need to reboot before metro video works. Hopefully this will solve it for users that still have the same problem.

Wim
Surface Pro, Netflix Metro app worked from the start. Purchased a Toshiba DynaDock dock. Installed drivers from CD included. Updated to latest drivers available from Toshiba (April 3rd or 4th, I think). Netflix does not work, same W8158 error. This is from home, via a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter, and the Surface display. The Dynadock is at work. I've rebooted a number of times since installing the latest Dynadock drivers. What is the next step?
surfacepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #55
surfacepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfacepro View Post
Surface Pro, Netflix Metro app worked from the start. Purchased a Toshiba DynaDock dock. Installed drivers from CD included. Updated to latest drivers available from Toshiba (April 3rd or 4th, I think). Netflix does not work, same W8158 error. This is from home, via a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter, and the Surface display. The Dynadock is at work. I've rebooted a number of times since installing the latest Dynadock drivers. What is the next step?
Ok, just found the latest drivers, DisplayLink_72M0 and that fixed my Netflix issue. I had DisplayLink_71M1 prior to this morning.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #56
surfacepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfacepro View Post
Ok, just found the latest drivers, DisplayLink_72M0 and that fixed my Netflix issue. I had DisplayLink_71M1 prior to this morning.
And now Pinball won't launch, it launches the splash screen then silently closes. Same with "Skymap Free". Awesome.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #57
Dan Santee

It's not the reboot that fixes it - it's the full uninstallation and reinstallation. If you perform an upgrade, nothing is fixed (no matter how many times you reboot).

You have to go into Remove Programs, uninstall DisplayLink, reboot, install DisplayLink, reboot, and then it should work.
Dan Santee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #58
surfacepro

The latest 7.2M1 seems to have resolved my issues. I haven't found a Metro App that I can't run yet.