Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #21
ahurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi

I believe the latest Intel graphics driver should resolve the Camera app issue http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...09%09%09%09%09

I've raised a bug for the Maps app issue.

Regards,
James
Thanks Jim. Any ETA on the Netflix/Hulu fix?
ahurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:02 AM   #22
ahurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi

I believe the latest Intel graphics driver should resolve the Camera app issue http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...09%09%09%09%09

I've raised a bug for the Maps app issue.

Regards,
James
Jim, the camera issue remains.
Using Intel driver 9.17.10.2932 dated 12/12/12.
Still no camera on the Dell S2340T using DisplayLink DL-3000
Old 01-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #23
Lobout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
A fix for the video metro apps was not in 7.1. As I said before, we know why they are not working, but there is no quick fix to this, as it's due to the way the apps render pixels to the screen. We can fix it, it's just not going to be in the next release, but probably in a release in Q1 2013.

Wim
So does Q1 mean not until the end of Q1 or the first release in Q1(which I would hope is soon)
Lobout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #24
mrw45

Default related isses

I am including these to help you with fixing all the related issues in this thread.

Lenovo X230t with Window 8
Intel HD 4000 Graphics (latest drivers installed)
Lenovo USB3.0 dock
DisplayLink Drivers updated to 7.1

These started not working after install of DisplayLink

Window 8 Metro/Store apps:
Camera (blue screen)
OneNote (blue screen)
Netflix (Error - Protected Content Issue)
Hulu+ (Error - Not sure but I would assume the same as Netflix)
Craigslist 8X (blue Screen)
Zinio (blue Screen)
There are several others that after discovering they will not work I immediately uninstalled. (all had blue screens)

Desktop Applications:
Steam games like Alien Swarm (Cant create 3D Engine), Arctic Combat(Screen flickers then says it cant start), Star Trek online (Screen flickers then says it cant start)

If there are any on the list that you would like log information, please let me know.

The main question I have at this point is why do they continue not to function when the laptop is not plugged into the dock, or the services are manually stopped. Is there a way to bypass display link or disable it when I want to use these programs and don't need the multi-monitor support at work until you get a final fix for this?

Thanks

Last edited by mrw45; 01-30-2013 at 02:05 PM.
mrw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #25
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrw45 View Post
I am including these to help you with fixing all the related issues in this thread.

Lenovo X230t with Window 8
Intel HD 4000 Graphics (latest drivers installed)
Lenovo USB3.0 dock
DisplayLink Drivers updated to 7.1

These started not working after install of DisplayLink

Window 8 Metro/Store apps:
Camera
OneNote
Netflix
Hulu+
Craigslist 8X
Zinio
There are several others that after discovering they will not work I immediately uninstalled.

Desktop Applications:
Steam games like Alien Swarm, Arctic Combat, Star Trek online

If there are any on the list that you would like log information, please let me know.

The main question I have at this point is why do they continue not to function when the laptop is not plugged into the dock, or the services are manually stopped. Is there a way to bypass display link or disable it when I want to use these programs and don't need the multi-monitor support at work until you get a final fix for this?

Thanks
In what way did they "not work"? Is it that they just show a blue/blank screen or was it something else? Video playback apps is a problem with protected content apps, which is more complex to fix.

If it's blue or blank screens, then this should be fixed in the next release in a few weeks.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:52 AM   #26
WindowsNow

Smile Latest Intel HD 3000 Drivers solve problem

FYI, I just installed the very latest Intel drivers for the HD 3000 and Netflix started working on my tablet again. I have not tried re-installing the DisplayLink drivers or device yet, but if after uninstalling the DisplayLink drivers your Windows Store video still doesn't work, head on over to intel.com and update.
WindowsNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #27
mrw45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindowsNow View Post
FYI, I just installed the very latest Intel drivers for the HD 3000 and Netflix started working on my tablet again. I have not tried re-installing the DisplayLink drivers or device yet, but if after uninstalling the DisplayLink drivers your Windows Store video still doesn't work, head on over to intel.com and update.
I did the same think for my HD4000 drivers and upon reinstall of DisplayLink, all the same issues came back. I'll bet that would happen to you as well if you do the same.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #28
mrw45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
In what way did they "not work"? Is it that they just show a blue/blank screen or was it something else? Video playback apps is a problem with protected content apps, which is more complex to fix.

If it's blue or blank screens, then this should be fixed in the next release in a few weeks.

Wim
I've updated my post with the particular issues for each program. Keep in mind that they happen even if the dock is not plugged in.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #29
ahurst

If I unstall the Displaylink core and graphics software that came with my Dell S2340T monitor, how do I stop it from trying to reinstall?

Everytime I turn on my desktop, I have to catch and cancel the reinstall.

Thanks,
Old 02-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #30
gfpomfh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahurst View Post
If I unstall the Displaylink core and graphics software that came with my Dell S2340T monitor, how do I stop it from trying to reinstall?

Everytime I turn on my desktop, I have to catch and cancel the reinstall.

Thanks,
Disable the USB port from devmgmt.msc temporarily, or unplug the USB cable.
gfpomfh is offline   Reply With Quote