Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #11
Wim

Hi

We can reproduce the issue with Netflix, Hulu etc, using their Metro based apps. We know why they are not working, but there is no quick fix to this, as it's due to the way the apps render pixels to the screen. We can fix it, it's just not going to be in the next release, but probably in Q1 2013.

In the meantime, these services should work fine using a web browser to watch the content, rather than the app.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:15 AM   #12
WindowsNow

Default Unacceptable

The timeframe for this fix is unacceptable. If it is going to take that long, can you at least put together a cleaner app that will completely remove the DisplayLink driver and return the Metro apps to working order. I don't need this stupid USB monitor that bad that I want to wait 3 months for a fix, but uninstalling the driver does not fix my system.

Thank you.
@robertmclaws
WindowsNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
jebailey1120

Default Any fix for this in sight?

This is still an issue. I have 7.03 and still have this issue with the video apps. They work if I remove DisplayLink, but do not work with it.
jebailey1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
roguevoice

2 things you guys screwed up on. 1st, removing the iPad app from apps store and not continuing to support existing customers who bouht into extending their desktops even further.

2nd, Windows 8 was in beta form for a year. You knew that this was a major push by Microsoft. You should have assumed and known that most users are consuming more and more media content on desktops now and would naturally take advantage of the advanced app ui and features of metro apps, that's the whole point of upgrading to Win8.

I use 6 of your USB devices from various OEMs. Up until this point, I depended and even bragged about how great Displaylink was.

Maybe you guys are going through a touch time right now, I don't know. I do know, companies like yours fail at marketing such great technologies and eventually go under. Please do not depend on your OEMs for marketing. Definitely do not depend on retail online and brick/mortar to push your leading edge technologies as well. Trust me, mist do not push or know you products in local stores that carry one or more of your adapters.

Also for you to have teased us with the iPad app, not supporting it and eventually taking it away, that was the wrong move. Even if the app made little or no revenue, it was and still could be a great way to bring customers to Displaylink. Make it open source via APIs or bring it back, sell it for $15.00 in Apple and Android stores respectively.

I have too much invested in your tech, so please get this resolved and don't let the customers you do have down.
roguevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:36 AM   #15
ahurst

The latest 7.1 update did nothing...was this the fix?

Please provide an additional update on this.
ahurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
Wim

A fix for the video metro apps was not in 7.1. As I said before, we know why they are not working, but there is no quick fix to this, as it's due to the way the apps render pixels to the screen. We can fix it, it's just not going to be in the next release, but probably in a release in Q1 2013.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #17
ahurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
A fix for the video metro apps was not in 7.1. As I said before, we know why they are not working, but there is no quick fix to this, as it's due to the way the apps render pixels to the screen. We can fix it, it's just not going to be in the next release, but probably in a release in Q1 2013.

Wim
Thanks Wim.
Do you know why the Metro Camera app and Maps app also do not work in Windows 8?
This happened after I upgraded to 7.1.
I am using DisplayLink with a Dell S2340T monitor.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #18
JamesH

Hi ahurst,

Please attach the logs from your system so I can look into this.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #19
ahurst

Thanks.
I attached two zip files. One with Advanced logging, one without.

The issues I tried to capture are...
Win 8 Metro UI Camera app does not work
Win 8 Metro UI Maps app does not work
Netflix gives blank screen (you already know about this one).
Attached Files
File Type: zip ALLEN-DESKTOP_20130104_141118.zip (857.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: zip ALLEN-DESKTOP_20130104_140704.zip (709.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #20
JamesH

Hi

I believe the latest Intel graphics driver should resolve the Camera app issue http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...09%09%09%09%09

I've raised a bug for the Maps app issue.

Regards,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote