Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 04-27-2021, 03:02 PM   #1
PBzeer

Default Win 10 won't keep dynadock display as primary monitor

So, got my shiny new NUC10i7 win 10 pro) and connected directly to my monitor to load the displaylink drivers (newest). (I should also say here, that my two older 5th gen NUC's running win 7 pro, work fine with the dynadock). Got the drivers installed, no problem, but when I tried using the monitor through the dynadock, all I got was a black screen. After much head scratching, I realized that when the monitor was connected to the dynadock, it showed as a second display. So, I set that as my primary display, and it worked just fine, even after restarts. Problem came in after a cold boot. It would toggle back to display 1. which meant the active desktop was now on a monitor that was connected (in Devices, it showed the same monitor twice, one with intel, one with displaylink).

The only work around I've been able to use is hooking up my spare monitor directly to the pc while I'm connected to the dynadock. Once it boots up, I have to change the display settings on the monitor hooked to the pc and then I get the dynadock as my active desktop.

I've uninstalled, run the Cleaner, and reinstalled the drivers a few times already, but still can't get it to work like it does on my other PC's. Don't know what else to do to get it to work properly.
PBzeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:20 PM   #2
PBzeer

After hours more of unproductive searching, I know what needs fixed, but have found no way to fix it. Basically, the monitor connected to the dynadock has to be Monitor 1. Unfortunately, Windows offers no way to make that change. (I found one possible method using the registry, but that didn't work.)

I assume this all goes to the 'enhanced' support for multiple monitors, as my Win 7 machines all only show one monitor, the one connected to the dynadock, while my Win 10 pc shows two, even when there is only one physically connected.
PBzeer is offline   Reply With Quote