Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #71
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hba View Post
Tried new driver 7.1M1. Cleaned out the old install, restarted, installed new driver, plugged in the graphics, drivers configured and the system was restarted. Upon restart the system logd on and logs off several times and ending with all three monitors turned on but with black screens except for the mousecursor (????) which can travel on all three monitors.

This is the EXACTLY same behavior as earlier. Come on DisplayLink, get into the fight, will you. It's now more than 3 months since Windows 8 where released and you still haven't delivered a working solution for my hardware.
This is quite honestly intolerable!
So we have been trying to reproduce what you are seeing, and looking at the original logs you posted, this should be fixed in 7.1 M1. The logout issue doesn't seem to be coming up from other users either. So I wonder if there is something else wrong.

Can you post the logs with 7.1 M1 installed and the problem reproduced. I want to check its still the same issue and not something different. Probably best to post in a separate thread as this one has lots of different issues.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #72
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucleadguitar View Post
I am having this same FLASH issue with the latest AMD Catalyst drivers and the latest DisplayLink drivers. How can I get this resolved?
What do you mean by FLASH issue? Screen flash? Adobe Flash?

You need to post more information if you want help debugging this.

Wim
Old 02-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #73
hba

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
So we have been trying to reproduce what you are seeing, and looking at the original logs you posted, this should be fixed in 7.1 M1. The logout issue doesn't seem to be coming up from other users either. So I wonder if there is something else wrong.

Can you post the logs with 7.1 M1 installed and the problem reproduced. I want to check its still the same issue and not something different. Probably best to post in a separate thread as this one has lots of different issues.

Wim
Hello Wim,

I've now tried installing the drivers. Curiously though, the installer never report it's done? Is that normal behavior for the installer?
After a restart I plug in the graphics adapter, and the installer ends with a demand for a restart. I choose to wait the restart, and ran the support tool. If I do allow the restart, the flashing begins when the log on-screen appears.
The tray-icon never appears in the tray???

How come that when installing vers. DL Graphics 7.1.45135 and DL Core 7.1.45125 the device manager shows Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI
vers. 7.0.43526.0/11-20-2012 and DisplayLink Display Adapter (4301) 7.0.41409.0/09-04-2012?? Isn't that fairly old drivers?

Regards Henrik
Attached Files
File Type: zip ASUSN56VZ_20130207_183958.zip (602.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: zip ASUSN56VZ_20130207_205344.zip (796.7 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by hba; 02-07-2013 at 07:56 PM.
hba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #74
Wim

Quote:
Hello Wim,

I've now tried installing the drivers. Curiously though, the installer never report it's done? Is that normal behavior for the installer?
After a restart I plug in the graphics adapter, and the installer ends with a demand for a restart. I choose to wait the restart, and ran the support tool. If I do allow the restart, the flashing begins when the log on-screen appears.
The tray-icon never appears in the tray???

How come that when installing vers. DL Graphics 7.1.45135 and DL Core 7.1.45125 the device manager shows Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI
vers. 7.0.43526.0/11-20-2012 and DisplayLink Display Adapter (4301) 7.0.41409.0/09-04-2012?? Isn't that fairly old drivers?

Regards Henrik
The Device manager just shows the version of the USB video driver, which is a small part of the DisplayLink software installed, and doesn't always change between releases. The Core software version is the one you want to ensure is correct (and it is).

The logs don't show the issue, as the software hasn't started as it needs a reboot. We need to see what is logged during the flashing to check what is causing it in the logs. It might be possible to stop the flashing by stopping the DisplayLink service after the problem occurs.

Thanks

Wim
Old 02-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #75
hba

Quote:
The Device manager just shows the version of the USB video driver, which is a small part of the DisplayLink software installed, and doesn't always change between releases. The Core software version is the one you want to ensure is correct (and it is).

The logs don't show the issue, as the software hasn't started as it needs a reboot. We need to see what is logged during the flashing to check what is causing it in the logs. It might be possible to stop the flashing by stopping the DisplayLink service after the problem occurs.

Thanks

Wim
Hello Wim,

After numerous logging off and back on I succeeded in running the support tool. Support file is attached.

Regards Henrik
Attached Files
File Type: zip ASUSN56VZ_20130208_220244.zip (4.61 MB, 5 views)

Last edited by hba; 02-08-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #76
Wim

Quote:
Hello Wim,

After numerous logging off and back on I succeeded in running the support tool. Support file is attached.

Regards Henrik
The logs show a lot of mode changes from Actual Multiple Montiors. Can you see if the problem still occurs if AMM is uninstalled?

Also, do you get any the events in Windows Events saying: “The Desktop Window Manager has encountered a fatal error (0x8898008d)”?

Thanks

Wim
Old 02-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #77
hba

Quote:
The logs show a lot of mode changes from Actual Multiple Montiors. Can you see if the problem still occurs if AMM is uninstalled?

Also, do you get any the events in Windows Events saying: “The Desktop Window Manager has encountered a fatal error (0x8898008d)”?

Thanks

Wim
Hi Wim,

No, uninstalling AMM, sadly, doesn't do the trick ;-(

I have a few 0x8898008d events, but the latest was back at December 31, 2012. Others were on December 8 and 13, November 23, October 28 (4 incidents).

Edit 19-02-2013:
The problem seems to be centered around the service DisplayLinkService (DisplayLinkManager.exe). If I disable this service (it sometimes apparently disables automatically?) and then start it up, all the flashing and log off occurs. The tray-icon never shows up.

I have attached a new set of support-files, I don't know if its any help.

Regards

Henrik
Attached Files
File Type: zip ASUSN56VZ_20130218_185733.zip (4.08 MB, 2 views)

Last edited by hba; 02-19-2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Follow-up
Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #78
warja

Ok, I install this file: DisplayLink_7.1M1.exe

I get two new directories:

C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software (~40mb)
C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Graphics (~12kb, practically empty)

The following device is listed in Device Manager:

USB Display Adapters - Polaris2 USB Dock (version 7.0.41409.0)

Plug in the Dynadock V and get constant flashing. Have uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I can remember, have tried running as admin, have updated every driver on my laptop, run the install with antivirus disabled and enabled, no change.

I'm concerned about the empty Displaylink Graphics directory, and possibly the driver version.

Any ideas?

Jason
warja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #79
hba

Hello..knock-knock! Is anyone at home????

It's now almost 2 weeks since a reply. Have you guys given up on me? Is it time to return my plugable adapter?

Regards Henrik
Old 02-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #80
sfted999

Bump. Bump.
sfted999 is offline   Reply With Quote