Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
Joox
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default USB 3.0 to HDMI UGA for 30" DELL at 2560x1600 release date?

Hi,

I have read all the press releases about the new USB 3.0 -> HDMI adapters (UGA) that has been a month or more ago. But nothing has been released on the market.

I need to push my laptop on DELL 30 inch at 2560x1600 ...
Can you tell me when these new adapters that will support the above 30" at that resolution will be available for purchase?

Thanks,
Jo
Joox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
Wim
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,564
Default

Hi

We cannot comment on any unannounced products coming from customers, but 2560x1600 resolution will require DisplayPort, not HDMI, as I don't believe that there are any HDMI 1.3 monitors available that would support this resolution.

What is the model number of the Dell 30" that you have?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
Joox
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi

We cannot comment on any unannounced products coming from customers, but 2560x1600 resolution will require DisplayPort, not HDMI, as I don't believe that there are any HDMI 1.3 monitors available that would support this resolution.

What is the model number of the Dell 30" that you have?

Wim
Thank you for responding.
My monitor is a DELL U3011
This is the product link
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...4&sku=224-9949

2 High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
2 Digital Visual Interface connectors (DVI-D) with HDCP
1 DisplayPort (DP)
Optimal Resolution:
2560 x 1600 at 60 Hz

Will the new USB 3 UGA work on this monitor at 2560x1600?

Thanks.
Joox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #4
Joox
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Looking forward to a response on my last post.

Thanks,
Joox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
Wim
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,564
Default

Hi

I don't think this will do 2560x1600 on HDMI, based on one of the reviews that says "HDMI worked, but limited non-native resolution". I think you will have to use Dual DVI, or DisplayPort on this monitor. There should be USB to DisplayPort adapters available soon, but I cannot comment on an announcement date.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
Joox
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Dual DVI or DP would be fine with me as long as I can push 2560 x 1600 at 60 Hz on the DELL 30".

Looking forward to the release of this product.
Joox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
Joox
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Hi Wim,

I see a bunch of new USB 3.0 related content on the DisplayLink website.

http://www.displaylink.com/usb3/index.php

And even mention of products using it on this page
http://www.displaylink.com/shop/hot_products.php

However I do not see any products yet on the website for sale.

Maybe this means you guys are still updating the website? I hope so =)

Do have any news on a USB3.0 adpater to push my monitor?
My monitor is a DELL U3011
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...4&sku=224-9949
2 High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
2 Digital Visual Interface connectors (DVI-D) with HDCP
1 DisplayPort (DP)
Optimal Resolution:
2560 x 1600 at 60 Hz

Thanks
Joox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #8
Joox
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi

I don't think this will do 2560x1600 on HDMI, based on one of the reviews that says "HDMI worked, but limited non-native resolution". I think you will have to use Dual DVI, or DisplayPort on this monitor. There should be USB to DisplayPort adapters available soon, but I cannot comment on an announcement date.

Wim
Hi Wim,

I see the new Targus USB adapaters I do not know if those will work with monitor and required resolution. Any news on somthing for my monitor?

Thanks!
Joox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:18 AM   #9
Dan
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 104
Default

Hi Joox - I'm afraid those adapters are still just single DVI and HDMI. Keep your eyes peeled on the DisplayLink blog and Facebook page, you may hear there first. As Wim said, we can't second guess our customers' launch dates!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #10
Joox
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Hi Joox - I'm afraid those adapters are still just single DVI and HDMI. Keep your eyes peeled on the DisplayLink blog and Facebook page, you may hear there first. As Wim said, we can't second guess our customers' launch dates!
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response. I'm so in need of somthing for my setup .. I hope it comes out soon. I check the Displaylink site and forums a couple times a week =). I will also starting checking the facebook page.

Thanks,
Leon
Joox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.