Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-03-2022, 02:12 PM   #1
jmshinn

Default Displays detected but not working

So, recently got a mac, hooked it up to my doc, all of the other dock features are working (usb for mouse/keyboard, primarily), but I can't get the displays to work.

Dock is an Anker USB 3.0 Docking Station, MacOS version is Monterey 12.4.

I got the recommendation to install the display link drivers, which I did. It now recognizes the displays, and accurately identifies them (2 HP 27f displays) but it won't actually display anything. The displays themselves think they're connected (i.e. when I go into the display link software and turn off each display, they go dark and start displaying "signal not found", when I turn them back on, they detect a signal and show just a black, backlit screen, no desktop, no mouse, nothing).

When I first log in, the monitors aren't working at all, then if I go into the display link software and turn each monitor off and on again from there, that's when it starts behaving as described above.

Any advice for how to get them to work?

Last edited by jmshinn; 06-03-2022 at 02:15 PM.
jmshinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 11:34 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Please gather logfiles so I can see what the DisplayLink driver reports: How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

Also can you please share what is the model exactly of the Anker docking station?

Thank you
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 11:35 AM   #3
DanielS
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmshinn View Post
So, recently got a mac, hooked it up to my doc, all of the other dock features are working (usb for mouse/keyboard, primarily), but I can't get the displays to work.

Dock is an Anker USB 3.0 Docking Station, MacOS version is Monterey 12.4.

I got the recommendation to install the display link drivers, which I did. It now recognizes the displays, and accurately identifies them (2 HP 27f displays) but it won't actually display anything. The displays themselves think they're connected (i.e. when I go into the display link software and turn off each display, they go dark and start displaying "signal not found", when I turn them back on, they detect a signal and show just a black, backlit screen, no desktop, no mouse, nothing).

When I first log in, the monitors aren't working at all, then if I go into the display link software and turn each monitor off and on again from there, that's when it starts behaving as described above.

Any advice for how to get them to work?
Hello,
Did you download the last driver ?
https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...7?filetype=exe

Would you be able to gather logfiles that will show us a bit more about your current setup?

To do that follow the steps mentioned in the following article: How to Report Macos Issues to DisplayLink
DanielS is offline   Reply With Quote