Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-21-2022, 08:46 AM   #1
BdoubleU

Default Macbook Air M1 USB devices randomly not working via DL6000

Hi all,
I have a MB Air M1 for a few months for work and it is connected to a Dell DL6000 docking.
On the docking I have:
Power
LAN
2x DP with monitor connected
2x USB A to the USB hubs in the monitors, where I connected:1x USB-A Webcam;1x Logitech unifying receiver
1x Dell USB-C hub (DA200) (this one I take with me when I travel, to be able to connect USB-A devices to the MB), where I connected:Jabra headset via USB-A
I use Display Link manager 1.7.0 and MacOS 12.6

Now what happens is that when I plug in the DL6000 when I start working in the morning, the USB devices connected to the DL6000 are not working, however everything non-usb like the monitors etc is working fine. This happens randomly, meaning sometimes everything works fine at once and sometimes I have this issue.
I also use the DL6000 to charge the MB, so no separate powercable is needed for the MB.

I solve the issue by unplugging the DL6000 once or multiple times, or even switch to the other usb-c port on the MB, until the usb devices on the DL6000 become responsive. This is of course not how it should be.....

Any ideas to solve this ?
BdoubleU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 11:51 AM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdoubleU View Post
Hi all,
I have a MB Air M1 for a few months for work and it is connected to a Dell DL6000 docking.
On the docking I have:
Power
LAN
2x DP with monitor connected
2x USB A to the USB hubs in the monitors, where I connected:1x USB-A Webcam;1x Logitech unifying receiver
1x Dell USB-C hub (DA200) (this one I take with me when I travel, to be able to connect USB-A devices to the MB), where I connected:Jabra headset via USB-A
I use Display Link manager 1.7.0 and MacOS 12.6

Now what happens is that when I plug in the DL6000 when I start working in the morning, the USB devices connected to the DL6000 are not working, however everything non-usb like the monitors etc is working fine. This happens randomly, meaning sometimes everything works fine at once and sometimes I have this issue.
I also use the DL6000 to charge the MB, so no separate powercable is needed for the MB.

I solve the issue by unplugging the DL6000 once or multiple times, or even switch to the other usb-c port on the MB, until the usb devices on the DL6000 become responsive. This is of course not how it should be.....

Any ideas to solve this ?
Hello,
I can suggest you should try to update the firmware to a newer version (A04) if this has not already been done. If this has already been done and did not solve the issue, then please contact the manufacturer of the device.
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote