Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
Hunv

Default Second Screen uses default drivers

Hi,

After installing the RC the second screen uses the windows default-drivers so a simple moving of a window lags.
My two main-screens are ONE graphic-card with two DVI outputs!

Regards
Old 09-30-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
nayr2

It seems like the only supported scenario is a single graphics card with a single display, with a single DisplayLink device.

I cannot get more than one DisplayLink device working at a time no matter what I've tried, and I cannot get a DisplayLink device working on any machine with more than a single display in any configuration.

I've tried on 5 separate Windows 7 computers, each with different graphics chips, currently.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
Hunv

I think the RC is a Beta3, not a Release Candidate. And if it is a RC, the RC should not be for the public. Maybe for some Beta-Tester like us but definitely not for the public.
There should be a RC2 or I think you guys are getting a lot of trouble with many unsatisfied customers.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Martin

Hi,

Our final 5.2 release is out very soon and has some significant performance improvements that I hope will address the issue you describe. We have already delayed this final release in order to address more issues and we will continue to improve the 5.2 driver through maintenence releases.

Also, please make sure you have the latest graphics card driver installed as they have a significant impact on the behaviour of the system, especially when DisplayLink devices are installed.

If you still see what you describe as the second monitor using the default drivers, could you please provide screenshots or other data so that we may investigate.

Best regards,
Martin.