Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2016, 07:49 PM   #1
typo001

Default [Fixed] DisplayLink Installation Software Just Stops Executing After a Few Seconds

Hello,

I have an issue with DisplayLink Driver Installation Software halting a second or two after I execute the file. I have looked at Resource Monitor and after that second or two it will state that DisplayLink's Process is Terminated. There are no errors that show even within Event Viewer. After I start the installation process, I will see UAC, click yes, Installing DisplayLink Software for DisplayLink Graphics window for 1-2 seconds and then disappears and nothing happens after.

Device I am trying to setup: TRENDnet TU3-DS2
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1
Product Computer I am trying to install on: HP Compaq 6000 Pro Small Form Factor PC

Troubleshooting Steps Taken Thus Far:
All Windows Updates applied
All drivers are up to date - from intel and Hp's websites
The docking station works perfectly fine on a laptop and another desktop (the installer runs and the device picks up instantly) but won't work on the HP computer which is the one I most need it to work on.
Run the displaylink compatibility tool and states no issues
Turning off UAC

These are the different versions of the installers I have tried:
DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 7.9 M5 (the version recommended from TRENDnet site for TU3-DS2 )
DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 8.0 M3
DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 8.1 M0

I have attached the log zip below. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated because I have spent way too much time on trying to fix this when one of the primary reasons I decided to use a USB docking station was for the simplicity of it.

Regards,

Kirk

Edit:

I really wish I could explain how the issue resolved itself, but the owner of the HP desktop decided to try to start the installer and somehow it worked that time. So unless some other windows updates applied over night, I cannot say I know why DisplayLink finally installed. I wish I knew why exactly this issue happened but I guess I am also glad the docking station is working on the desktop.

Thanks to anyone that read or wanted to help; take care!

~I will see if there is anyway I can close the thread, but if I cannot feel free mods to close it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 36456-PC_20161226_145224.zip (645.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by typo001; 12-28-2016 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Problem fixed itself, somehow.
typo001 is offline   Reply With Quote