Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #21
Wim

Hi

The problem with Windows XP is different. This is due to there being no HW acceleration when in mirror mode, so videos may not render correctly and Power point 2010 cannot render. We cannot support hardware acceleration through the Windows mirror driver on XP, so there is no way for us to get these pixels.

The workaround is to use extend mode on Windows XP for these applications, or lower the hardware acceleration level of the primary display adapter, so it will not render using hardware acceleration, and our driver can get the pixels.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #22
mapexvenus

Default problem with LT1421 and PowerPoint, YouTube

I am using the latest Windows driver with a Thinkpad LT1421 and am facing the following problems:

1. PowerPoint (2010) sideshows show up as blank
2. Unable to view YouTube videos in full screen.

I will wait for a solution for a few days and then return the product if I can't fix the problem.

thank you,
mapexvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #23
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapexvenus View Post
I am using the latest Windows driver with a Thinkpad LT1421 and am facing the following problems:

1. PowerPoint (2010) sideshows show up as blank
2. Unable to view YouTube videos in full screen.

I will wait for a solution for a few days and then return the product if I can't fix the problem.

thank you,
If you switch to Aero graphics mode, rather than basic graphics, then it should solve this issue.

Wim
Old 02-01-2012, 02:24 AM   #24
TCC_ADM

Question XP and the displaylink driver

just to check again,

we are using XP, and have the targus dock which uses display link.

we have confirmed the fault within powerpoint 2010 when in mirror mode, and have also confirmed that to work around the issue we need to notch back the hardware acceleration on the primary display back 3 notches which disables the direct draw, direct-3D and also Direct X...
now where this fixes the issue for powerpoint, it has obvious consiquences for any program requiring direct X, etc etc. such as the cad software the school runs, plus google earth and other apps.

now if we use extended mode, on the majority of the interactive whiteboards, things are fine, however we have 10 new board which calibrate using a hardware calibration, and so extended mode doesnt work....

so my question is, besides not using the dock, upgrading the school to windows 7 and turning off the hardware acceleration, is there any way Displaylink can get around it, or is there another work around more suited....

Last edited by TCC_ADM; 02-01-2012 at 02:27 AM.
TCC_ADM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #25
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCC_ADM View Post
just to check again,

we are using XP, and have the targus dock which uses display link.

we have confirmed the fault within powerpoint 2010 when in mirror mode, and have also confirmed that to work around the issue we need to notch back the hardware acceleration on the primary display back 3 notches which disables the direct draw, direct-3D and also Direct X...
now where this fixes the issue for powerpoint, it has obvious consiquences for any program requiring direct X, etc etc. such as the cad software the school runs, plus google earth and other apps.

now if we use extended mode, on the majority of the interactive whiteboards, things are fine, however we have 10 new board which calibrate using a hardware calibration, and so extended mode doesnt work....

so my question is, besides not using the dock, upgrading the school to windows 7 and turning off the hardware acceleration, is there any way Displaylink can get around it, or is there another work around more suited....
I'm afraid these are the only workarounds. PowerPoint 2010 will use HW acceleration if available, and this is not supported by DisplayLink in mirror mode on XP.

Wim
Old 02-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #26
TCC_ADM

Default clarification

Quote:
I'm afraid these are the only workarounds. PowerPoint 2010 will use HW acceleration if available, and this is not supported by DisplayLink in mirror mode on XP.

Wim
sorry i just suppose i wanted a clarification on what "not supported by Displaylink in mirror mode on XP" actually meant....

as in you no longer support XP and so development has stopped, or that you dont know how to change the mirror driver, or its a microsoft thing and so you arent even trying to go there... etc etc
Old 02-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #27
Wim

We most certainly do support Windows XP and still fix bugs found with it. However there are no plans for any new major features on Windows XP, eg supporting HW acceleration in hardware, rather than software rendering. Our development focus is now on Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Wim
Old 02-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #28
TCC_ADM

Default XP

Thanks for the clarification.

thats what i had thought.

its just not fun to see such a large issue with a product on a current OS, and have it not worked on as you can imagine....

unfortunately we are seeing the same thing with other companies over issues with XP drivers. I get that there has to be a cut off, however some places such as us, have large XP environments still which rely on driver support.

thanks for your clarification and time!!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:47 AM   #29
oddible

The problem is still happening in Win 7 so upgrading from XP wouldn't resolve your issue.
oddible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:08 AM   #30
TCC_ADM

Default great

there goes that final solution...

what version of windows 7 are you using?