Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Windows 8.1 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
cyanide00

Default 2nd Monitor Lag. Especially in browsers, multiple hyperlinks

Displaylink support, I am an IT professional of over 10 years...I have done as much troubleshooting as possible, different graphics drivers (HD3000), different displaylink versions, updating windows, even to 8.1, but ultimately the problem persists. This is a DELL XPS 13 model, Windows 8 Pro 64bit, with the Targus ACP71USZ, I've tried VGA and DVI and HDMI, I've tried 2nd monitor only, duplicate and also extended mode, but there is significant lag, just not smooth.... on the second monitor vs the laptop screen. The mouse is perfectly smooth on just the 2nd monitor desktop but as soon as there is a browser (IE, chrome or firefox) page with alot of hyperlinks or cursor changing it is not smooth at all. Ive tried different pointers, disabling shadows, enabling trails, etc etc. I can't be the only one experiencing this....please help. I know this laptop worked fine with a 2nd monitor when it was windows 7 pro 64bit....what do you suggest.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
Naninani

I have the same issue on my lenovo x1.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
JamesH

Hi,

I suspect you're seeing the same issue as described here:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61979

This is fixed in the next release due out to coincide with the release of Windows 8.1.

Thanks,
James