Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
bmcconkey

Default After Driver install my main screen is black

I am running windows 7 enterprise on an HP 8540w laptop my OS and video drivers are the most current as of today (June 6, 2012). I have installed the latest displaylink driver on my laptop and there were no error messages, when I restart my computer the win 7 logo starts up and then the screen goes blank/black. I have waited overnight and still no display.

I have done a forced power off and then entered "safe mode" and I get my main display back. From safe mode I have to do a system restore to get an image on my main display.

I have gone through this cycle 3 times now and I am starting to think that there is truly something wrong with the displaylink driver.

Does anyone have some ideas about what might be wrong?
bmcconkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
Wim

Does pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del bring up the login screen? Do you see the mouse pointer on any of the screens if you move it around? Are the monitors in sleep (ie don't think there is a video signal) or are they switched on and just blank?

Could you try v6.2 M2 and see if this still occurs? It could be related to the basic mode changes in v6.3.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote