Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.4 Software Release

Old 07-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
Baldrich

Default Blank monitors after standby

I was using 5.3 and had the following issue:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=306

I updated to 5.4b1 and i still have the same issue.

Any chance for a fix? It happens when the DisplayLink software is running, even if i don't have the USB Adapter present.

Also, when i remove the USB Adapter, it disables both of my secondary screens (i have 3 screens, 2 of them are directly attached, 1 is via DVI2USB adapter)

My system:
Dell Precision Workstation M4500
Windows 7 x64
8GB memory
nVidia Quadro FX 1800M
Docking station w/ 2 DVI Outputs

Thanks,
Old 07-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
spartacus90210

Default Screen blanking

This is also happening on all the machines I have that have this driver installed. It is not related to the display link devices, and is can be very annoying.

The problem seems to be when the blank monitor kicks it, even if the rest of the system doesn't go into standby.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
Baldrich

My laptop itself does not go into standby in its current state, but all of the screens do (per Windows / networking settings).

It seems to happen when the LCD shuts off. The current RTM release is fixable by using ALT+CTRL+DEL.

the 5.4 beta only returns my screen when i login via Remote Desktop from a 2nd machine, then relog in. I've tried everything. I've removed the software for now.. when I get back to my office (and actually need this, i'll experiement a bit more with disabling screen standby, etc.

Anyone from DisplayLink have any ideas/comments on this?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
wallacelawfirm

Default I am having the exact same problem

I keep updating to the newest NVIDIA and DisplayLink drivers, hoping a fix will be in.

I have the iMo Pivot, and I my main screen will not come back on after standby.

Windows 7, 32 bit.

Last edited by wallacelawfirm; 07-12-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Decided to include more specific information
Old 07-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
spartacus90210

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrich View Post
My laptop itself does not go into standby in its current state, but all of the screens do (per Windows / networking settings).

It seems to happen when the LCD shuts off. The current RTM release is fixable by using ALT+CTRL+DEL.

the 5.4 beta only returns my screen when i login via Remote Desktop from a 2nd machine, then relog in. I've tried everything. I've removed the software for now.. when I get back to my office (and actually need this, i'll experiement a bit more with disabling screen standby, etc.

Anyone from DisplayLink have any ideas/comments on this?
Thanks Baldrich, the Alt-Ctrl-Del works for me to restore my screens (Toshiba Tecra M10, running Windows 7 64), sorry it doesn't work for you.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
hades

What really pisses me off is that the problem is not resolved even when the adapter is unplugged, and the driver is uninstalled.

I am now forced to reinstall everything once again, and shelf the adapter until I hear confirmed reports of this problem being fixed. All my windows resize, 50% of the time I can't wake one of the 2 monitors up, and the only solution is to unplug and replug the cable into the video card. Do this enough times, and I'll damage the output on my 200$ video card.

If there was a software solution to reinitialize everything, I would be OK with that, not happy, but at least I could continue to use this.

hades
Old 07-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #7
hades

Hello,

I got fed up and Tuesday night I reinstalled my machine.

Turns out, my machine is STILL doing the same thing. No adapter, no VGA-USB driver, and one of my monitors (constantly the one hooked up via DVI - the other is via HDMI) does not turn on.

I've since then swapped the two cables, so the monitor that was via HDMI is now via DVI, and again, the monitor via DVI didn't turn on.

I now replaced the DVI hookup by a VGA hookup and so far so good. I also changed a setting in my BIOS called 'Low Power Mode' which puts the computer to a deeper sleep (or something like that) than usual. I turned it off, so don't know what's causing this...

It's a DELL Vostro 430 machine with an ATI 5670 video card.

This at least gives me hope that I can use the adapter! Any ideas?

Richard