Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.4 Software Release

Old 07-13-2010, 12:51 AM   #1
rpc

Thumbs up Thanks 4 the Optimus compatibility

New Toshiba M640(Intel core i5) w/ nvidia 310m + Optimus technology.
Win7 64 home prem. / Toshiba dynadock V.
Latest nvidia & Intel graphics drivers installed.
Dynadock connected via DVI to Acer 24" HD monitor DVI input.

New DispayLink beta drivers installed flawlessly.....after uninstall, cleaner utility, & a reboot of course.

Previous driver was useable but had issues with H.264/.mp4 file playback as well as software by Soundspectrum. If I disbaled the nvidia 310 in device manager - all was well.
Now I don't have to do that! Plus full screen (1920 x 1080) video playback is even a bit smoother than with the previous version.

CPU load @ idle seems to have increased on this pc with the beta driver, but.....so far so good.

Keep up the good work DLC! Thanks for the Beta!

Last edited by Pawel; 10-28-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
rpc

Thumbs up

Computer #2 test.
HP dv8t Notebook (Intel i7 quad/Nvidia graphics only-no gpu switching/Win7 64 pro)
Flawless install and even better performance than the Tosh with Optimus.

Computer #1(Tosh m640) CPU load @ idle has returned to normal. Sorry, my bad. Don't know what that was about, but after restoring a fresh image, and doing a new install of the beta driver...very nice!

looking fwd to the next beta version.

Sometimes I do wish that there was a QUICK(one click, 2 click?) way to disable the DisplayLink driver/service/start up processes.....
Seriously, that's my only future feature request.
There are 2 processes that are listed in Task Manager that can not be stopped on the fly. There is a DisplayLinkService in Services, and a USB display device in device manager......Wow. There's no stopping this THING without a complete uninstall.

Thanks DL!

Last edited by Pawel; 10-28-2010 at 03:30 PM.