Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2016, 07:17 PM   #1
wemo

Default D3100 - Performance Issues on Windows

I have a problem with my Dell Inspiron 17 7000 Series 7559 laptop (i7 with 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 960M/Intel HD 530) and the performance of monitors connected to the D3100.

For normal web browsing the monitors connected to the D3100 function adequately, but when you try and play a game the performance is dire (i.e. World of Warcraft or Fantasy Grounds). Dragging windows around in Fantasy Ground takes 1 to 2 seconds before they snap to the mew location.

Playing the games on the laptop without the D3100 connected using the local display no problems/issues.

The monitors connected to the D3100 used to work and function well - I assume this all changed around the upgrade of Windows 10 Anniversary edition like others on this forum.

This really needs resolving.
wemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
Computerg767

Do you have the latest version of your video driver? Sometimes older drivers will cause issues with displaylink.

Hope this help!

computerg767
Computerg767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #3
jaydub

check your task manger and see if the following is running at a high load

http://imgur.com/NqKxb0i

if so your stuck with that till they can get a driver better than 8.1 alpha to fix it.
jaydub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:03 PM   #4
wemo

Sorry for the delay - been away due to work.

I have the latest M3 installed and is flagged up as version 8.0.903.0

I also have not noticed that my Display driver in the task manager is running quite high at over 35%.
wemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:16 PM   #5
martindouglasj

Same issue here wemo.

HP ZBook 15u G2:
- Intel Core i7-5600U 2.60GHz
- 16.0 GB RAM
- AMD FirePro M4170 (driver version 15.201.1301.0)
- Intel HD Graphics 5500 (driver version 20.19.15.4300)
- Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.447
- Dell D3100 (36M9K, Sept 2015)
- 3 external Dell monitors + laptop display, total 4 screens

All worked great prior to the latest major Windows update. Still works, but performance is degraded, text/elements sometimes won't draw on the screens until I move the affected window(s) around, etc. Haven't tried gaming as this is a work setup, but I suspect performance would be poor.

I'm currently trying the R8.1 Alpha driver (http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64916), but that doesn't seem to improve the situation.
martindouglasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:31 AM   #6
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by martindouglasj View Post
- 3 external Dell monitors + laptop display, total 4 screens

All worked great prior to the latest major Windows update. Still works, but performance is degraded, text/elements sometimes won't draw on the screens until I move the affected window(s) around, etc. Haven't tried gaming as this is a work setup, but I suspect performance would be poor.

I'm currently trying the R8.1 Alpha driver (http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64916), but that doesn't seem to improve the situation.
Hi Martin,
The drawing issue is not performance related. It is that we don't get screen updates so we have nothing to display. Microsoft is working on this as flagged in that thread.
The issue is more obvious when using more than 3 displays and that's why they missed it... and that's because we make it easy to add many displays that the issue is uncovered through using products using DisplayLink technology.

There are also improvements to be done on performance though, we do agree fully.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote