Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-07-2021, 10:14 AM   #1
muskiatawasa

Default Unable to Detect DisplayLink HW

Hi everybody

If have a 13" Macbook Pro M1 an tried to connect 2 external displays without success. I tried following Docks: Beklin-C 11-in-1 Multiport Dock, Targus DOCK423A, CalDigit TS3 Plus. I Tried to connect them Via display Port and HDMI, HDMI and HDMI or DisplayPort and DisplayPort to HDMI converter….. (also USB-c to DP) but HDMI is always winning and disables the displayport so I can only use one External Display....
On Belkin I have a DP and HDMI port, this is funny because when I connect both it only clones the 2 displays and only one Display is recognized by the system….. May I have the wrong Hardware? The Software DisplayLink is not recognizing any display.. Can anybody help please?

Thx
muskiatawasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:01 AM   #2
JanB

All the docks you mention do not support DisplayLink.

You need a dock that is explicitly based on DisplayLink. Sometimes this is only hidden in the specifications.
JanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 12:04 PM   #3
muskiatawasa

Hi JanB,

Thanks for your answer, so I have no possibility to connect 2 displays for the moment right? Even with the "Better Dummy" app it would not be possible right? . How can I be sure that a device uses the DisplayLink technologie?

Thx
Old 12-07-2021, 12:46 PM   #4
JanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiatawasa View Post
Hi JanB,

Thanks for your answer, so I have no possibility to connect 2 displays for the moment right? Even with the "Better Dummy" app it would not be possible right? . How can I be sure that a device uses the DisplayLink technologie?

Thx
No, the MacBook M1 13" only supports one external display (via alt-mode).

DisplayLink Docks should have a special DisplayLink Logo and it is stated in the spec sheet. An easy entry to the offer on the market is https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...cking_stations, but you should be aware, that not all products are listed there.

I am using a Kensington SD4780P for a monitor with 4k @ 60 Hz

But before purchasing you should read about the limitations of DisplayLink, e.g. no DRM protected Content (Netflix & Co.) and limited HiDPI.
JanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:23 AM   #5
muskiatawasa

Hey JanB,

I'll have a look, thanks for the infos...

Greetings