Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-14-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
splice

Default DisplayLink Software for DisplayLink Graphics is already up to date

I currently have driver version 7.0.41409.0 - 9/4/2012 installed for my 100-U3-UV39 and I am trying to upgrade to 7.1M1 by downloading DisplayLink_7.1M1.exe from the site a moment ago.

However when I run the exe (with admin rights) I receive: DisplayLink Software for DisplayLink Graphics is already up to date.

Any ideas? I am unable to update right from the Displaylink system tray icon since it says "Unable to connect to Microsoft Windows Update Server" even though I receive windows updates fine.

-Brian
splice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Wim

Where are you reading the driver version from? The version to check is the DisplayLink Core Software version from Control Panel -> Programs.

v7.1 M1 is not on Windows update yet, so it won't be pushed out automatically.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
splice

Ah I see. I was reading it from the Device Manager in those two related devices.

When I check the control panel, I see 7.1.45125.0, which I am assuming is 7.1M1? I guess some of your updates do not update the underlying device driver itself (7.1 still uses a 7.0 driver)? Or is something else going on to make the device manager report an older version?

-Brian
splice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
Wim

Device manager just shows the version of the USB driver, but there is a lot more to the DisplayLink solution. There is software to install virtual displays and encode the pixels to send to the DisplayLink device.

The Core software version represents the version of all these software components bundled together.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote