Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
T_rell

Exclamation Screensaver External Monitor

Question: I have Win 7 x64 Pro installed on my machine with the Lenovo USB 3.0 dock. I'm trying to get a screensaver on my main display and two external displays connected via the dock USB-to-DVI. The dock is connected to the USB 3.0 port on my machine. When I go to the screensaver options and click preview the screensaver spans across all three monitors. When I click the apply button to save and make the selection active only the main screen displays the screensaver. The other 2 connected displays go black into a (power saver mode). Any ideas how to get this to work? I have tried to different types of monitors (Lenovo and Dell) both got similar results:
T_rell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
luiset83

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_rell View Post
Question: I have Win 7 x64 Pro installed on my machine with the Lenovo USB 3.0 dock. I'm trying to get a screensaver on my main display and two external displays connected via the dock USB-to-DVI. The dock is connected to the USB 3.0 port on my machine. When I go to the screensaver options and click preview the screensaver spans across all three monitors. When I click the apply button to save and make the selection active only the main screen displays the screensaver. The other 2 connected displays go black into a (power saver mode). Any ideas how to get this to work? I have tried to different types of monitors (Lenovo and Dell) both got similar results:
Have an HP 3005pr, Win7 x64, 2 identical Acer P236H monitors connected to the dock running at 1980x1080. Main screen is one of Acer monitors. I tried the Mistify screen saver both on preview and waiting and it does span both Acer monitors and my laptop panel (whenever it decides to draw past the main monitor... it seems to prefer that) So in short, I was unable to replicate the behavior.

Perhaps your screensaver set time is the same as your monitor sleep time? It should be set lower.
luiset83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
T_rell

Thanks Luiset83, However this is not a power management issue. Changing the power settings was one of the first steps I taken to try and correct this issue. I'm hoping someone from DisplayLink will answer and say if this feature is even available:
Old 04-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
T_rell

Default Help Please

Still looking for an answer, is this a limitation of the dock or Windows 7?