Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-20-2022, 09:22 AM   #1
AlexSh

Exclamation D6000 + Monterey 12.2 + 2 external displays issues

Hi guys,

Yesterday I bought the second external display and Dell D6000 to organize my new workplace at home. I expected that it will work out of the box, but no luck, unfortunately.

My current setup:

Apple MacBook Pro M1 2020 (A2338) with macOS Monterey 12.2.1 on the board.
Dell D6000
2 external displays LG27UL500-W connected to d6000 through DisplayPort.
DisplayLink software version 1.6.0

What I already did:

I enabled screen recording in the privacy setting for the DisplayLink manager application
Installed DisplayLink login screen extension
Tried different versions of the DisplayLink manager application
Tried to connect only one display through DisplayPort cable to Dell D6000 - it doesn't work
Tried to connect one display through HDMI and the second through DisplayPort. Only the HDMI display works in this case, but I am not sure that it uses DisplayLink technology.
Tried to reboot MacBook around 20 times and replug d6000 connected to MacBook through USB-c around 100 times

DisplayLink manager app telling me "No DisplayLink-enabled display detected"

I connected the same setup to my MacBook Pro 2019 on an Intel chip and it works like a charm.

Any help will be appreciated, please help to set up my workplace of dream )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 12.21.57.jpg (12.1 KB, 0 views)
AlexSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 09:53 AM   #2
pitrisss

I'm having the same issue, I have to connect and reconnect the dock multiple times to make it work properly, works fine on intel based macs and windows laptops.
pitrisss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 07:28 PM   #3
nebyoolae

Default Similar issue

Just came back from vacation and turned on my Macbook 15" 2018-era laptop running macOS 12.2, only to find that the monitor plugged into my D6000 dock via DisplayPort no longer works? Another monitor, plugged in via HDMI to the same dock, is fine.

I updated the DisplayLink Manager app from 1.5 to 1.6 to 1.6.1 and no change. I get the same error about "No DisplayLink-enabled display detected" in the DisplayLink Manager app. Updating macOS Monterey from 12.2 to 12.2.1 did not fix anything.

Basically, the DisplayPort connector seems like it just no longer works The monitor that no longer works is using DisplayPort v1.4, btw (I tried 1.2, since it allows changing this, but to no effect).
nebyoolae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 12:06 PM   #4
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSh View Post
Hi guys,

Yesterday I bought the second external display and Dell D6000 to organize my new workplace at home. I expected that it will work out of the box, but no luck, unfortunately.

My current setup:

Apple MacBook Pro M1 2020 (A2338) with macOS Monterey 12.2.1 on the board.
Dell D6000
2 external displays LG27UL500-W connected to d6000 through DisplayPort.
DisplayLink software version 1.6.0

What I already did:

I enabled screen recording in the privacy setting for the DisplayLink manager application
Installed DisplayLink login screen extension
Tried different versions of the DisplayLink manager application
Tried to connect only one display through DisplayPort cable to Dell D6000 - it doesn't work
Tried to connect one display through HDMI and the second through DisplayPort. Only the HDMI display works in this case, but I am not sure that it uses DisplayLink technology.
Tried to reboot MacBook around 20 times and replug d6000 connected to MacBook through USB-c around 100 times

DisplayLink manager app telling me "No DisplayLink-enabled display detected"

I connected the same setup to my MacBook Pro 2019 on an Intel chip and it works like a charm.

Any help will be appreciated, please help to set up my workplace of dream )
I would suggest making sure that the firmware within the Dell D6000 dock is up to date. The only issue with that is that you will need a Windows system in order to do the update --> https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...-d6000/drivers

If that doesn't help, DisplayLink has a guide for reporting Mac issues here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:41 PM   #5
nebyoolae

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboerner View Post
I would suggest making sure that the firmware within the Dell D6000 dock is up to date. The only issue with that is that you will need a Windows system in order to do the update --> https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...-d6000/drivers

If that doesn't help, DisplayLink has a guide for reporting Mac issues here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink
This actually worked! I had to boot up a Windows PC *just to run the utility*, but it worked and now I'm back on macOS with my HDMI display *and* my DisplayPort display working again. Thanks!
nebyoolae is offline   Reply With Quote