Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
tyylrr

Default Not Available in US app store

The apple app store says Display link is not available in the US store. Do you know why and if/when it will be available?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:18 AM   #2
roguevoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyylrr View Post
The apple app store says Display link is not available in the US store. Do you know why and if/when it will be available?
They removed it. The sad thing is, it was the best, most responsive iPad Display App available.

I will have to backup my iPad Apps and save ipa file to keep it. What an app. Wish they would release it as open source like they did for Linux project.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
tyylrr

Do you know if it's possible to install it from an IPA file if I've never had it on my machine and if so would you mail me said file?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2012, 05:11 AM   #4
roguevoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyylrr View Post
Do you know if it's possible to install it from an IPA file if I've never had it on my machine and if so would you mail me said file?

Thanks
Yes, you should, but you will definitely have to Jailbreak and sideload. Displaylink's iPad software has to be the most compelling and useful app I use in my arsenal. I use it everyday with 2 iPads at home with 4 Displaylink adapters and alone with my laptop.

The trouble is iPad specific desktop drivers, either you will not be able to find PC/Mac drivers, or they will continue to become unstable when used with the update. You have to install current ones a special way to maintain stability.

For them just to rip the app out of the App store because they do not want to support it anymore, that's crazy.

if they would have marketed this correctly and added touch features, this would have probably increased their USB adapter sales as well.

I would suggest that they add this as open source and just offer apis to their proprietary tech for developers to continue to support and enhance.

Or they could offer two versions, one that is free and a premium version that supported touch which I would definitely pay $50 for including a Windows version for pC to PC. I currently use MaxiVista, which is no where near as good, which I continued to pay $50+ per upgrade.

Tags
app store, ipad