Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application

Old 05-31-2012, 04:07 AM   #1
DreigonDragon

Unhappy Issues with Software

I am having a lot of problems with the DisplayLink Application in general.

The installation went smoothly, and my iPad was able to see my computer and upon typing the password connected.

The main issue is after I connect my iPad, a dialogue box appears stating "DisplayLink configuring for first time use". The iPad screen goes black.

From there I am presented with a dialogue titled "Microsoft Windows" with the message "You must reboot the machine for changes to take affect". I of course clicked reboot, and from there the iPad disconnects from the computer and shows the connect screen.

Upon rebooting the PC I get a string of BSOD's, and eventually when the PC manages to get past the login screen, I see the displaylinkuseragent.exe opening and closing with windows "checking for a solution to the problem" every split second, along with DWM.exe has stopped responding, Windows Aero has been disabled as well as my CPU being at 100% load. Within a span of a few minutes, Windows Action Centre shows that the displaylinkuseragent.exe has crashed more than 1200 times.

Uninstalling the software did not fix DWM.exe crashing nor did it bring back Windows Aero and I have since used a backup image of my Computer to restore it to operating conditions.

My system specifications as follows:
GPU: nVidia 260 (216 Core Edition)
GPU 2 : Intel HD 3000 (Integrated on the Intel Core i7-2600K CPU)

My iPad as follows:
iPad 2 16GB Wifi+3g Model running iOS 5.1.1

DisplayLink Software Installed:
Latest Display Link iOS App
Latest Display Link iPad Drivers and Software (DisplayLink-iPad_6.3M0.exe)
Latest Display Link Drivers and Software (DisplayLink-6.3M0.exe)

DisplayLink Support Files has been attached in this post

My Question is,
Is there anything on my PC that would cause it to do this? and If So, is there any solutions to this problem?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip QUAD-DRAGONPC_20120530_222110.zip (1.60 MB, 2 views)
Old 06-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Evanfotis

Similar situation here. Win7x64, dual nvidia graphics gtx460 & gt520. Latest drivers, and actual monitors running.
Installing on ipad2 ios5.01 went fine, then installing latest app on pc, caused all monitors except primary to black out and mouse to go dead. Had to restart. once in windows, same problem. Luckily just my Wacom pen sort of works, without seeing cursor moving just when clicking the pointer gets visible. Managed to enable display link on iPad and got it working.
Thus far only on iPad does the mouse pointer appear. Only primary display along with iPad are active. As mentioned, iPad touchpad is not working either.

Finally had to uninstall DL pc driver and app, to restore previous functionality.