Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2022, 05:11 PM   #1
tomg101

Exclamation External Monitor low performance when connected to Macbook Pro

I have recently upgraded my external monitor to the Dell Ultra Sharp 40 WUHD. (Previous setup working fine on 34 inch version U3415W, connected to Dell WD19-130W Docking Station via HDMI)

I have connected it straight from my Macbook Pro via Thunderbolt/ USB-C 2. The issue I'm having is after selecting the right size resolution in display settings (where I have looked at all resolutions, having "shown all") , the mouse movement is very laggy and resolution quality not great. The default display is not, but everything is too large on the screen, and other resolutions are either too small/ squashed or movement lags.

So my first question is, does anybody have a solution to this? I can't seem to find an answer other than trying a different Thunderbolt cable which I don't want to do if not needed or it's not going to work anyway.

Secondly, if I connect the Thunderbolt/ USBC-2 to my Dell WD19-130W Docking Station the screen doesn't recognise the signal and turns off, I've also tried DP connection and again it doesn't receive a signal. The display link app says "No Display Link-enabled display attached", is there anything I can do to get either of these things recognised?

Thanks in advance
tomg101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
connection problem, display, lag monitor, performance, slow