Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2012, 04:53 AM   #1
Qythyx

Default Connection keeps resetting

I've just started using DisplayLink today, and although I like it a lot when it's working, I keep having a problem that the connection between my iPad and the PC resets. When this happens the screens go blank for a moment, then the iPad goes back to the screen where I need to choose the PC to connect to. This seems to happen roughly every 30 to 45 minutes, although I haven't kept careful track.

What's even more annoying than loosing the connection and the blanking screen is that my windows on the iPad screen also reset their position to the main monitor, so when I restore the connection I need to rearrange them all again.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? Any tips to avoid it?

Also, it would be great if DisplayLink had an option to drive the display over the USB port instead of wifi. I keep my iPad connected anyway, to keep it charged up, so hopefully USB would provide more bandwidth and/or stability.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
SoCalDude

Unhappy

I experience something similar. All of a sudden, the desktop screen flickers and the windows that was displayed on my iPad goes back to one of the desktop monitors (I have two monitors and one iPad, for a total of three screens). I have to disconnect, kill the iPad DisplayLink process and most of the time that works. Otherwise, I just reboot the iPad.

Environment: iPad 3 iOS v5.1.1, Dell desktop, two monitors with Intel HD Graphics 2000 (64 MB-shared).
Old 09-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
ddwhitey

Default connection resetting

I have the same issue.
Environ: Dell Vostro, Win 7,two additional Acer monitors and pad 2
Old 09-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
Klaisa001

Default hello

Hi fellow members, I have a Dlink DI-624 router and I am on Shaw high speed internet. I am having some problem with my connection.