Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application

Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
amee

Default Andrew

can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong re getting this software to work? I have installed the pc software and still see nothing on my ipad even though I have downloaded the Displaylink app?

No icon on my desktop, no request for a password that I think is supposed to happen yet the software seems installed ok as I can see it via my control panel.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Wim

Have you downloaded the software from ipad.displaylink.com, rather than the Windows USB software? I suspect that is the right direction.

Wim
Old 07-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
amee

It looks like I downloaded the software for a pc not for the ipad so when I did that, it worked. Pity you can only mirror the display when connected to wifi as it would be great if it worked off bluetooth or something. In my case, I need it most when I am seeing a customer at their home (and I want them to have the ipad screen instaed of looking at the laptop which of course is awkward) and to have to hope they have wifi, and even if they do, having to get codes and put them on the laptop & ipad will be a hassle I think.

Anyway, its a good start and Im sure they will work out ways to make it more versitile. Thanks so much for the tip Wim.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
Wim

You should be able to do this, by configuring the Wifi on your laptop into a hotspot. Your laptop should then appear as an access point that your iPad can connect to, as if you were using a Wifi access point.

Details on creating a hotspot are here:

http://lifehacker.com/5369381/turn-y...reless-hotspot

And then its just a matter of connecting the iPad to the hotspot and running the DisplayLink app.

Wim