Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 11-18-2019, 08:26 PM   #1
kodys

Default Mouse lag and keyboard repeating

I am having an issue with my Dell laptop connected to two monitors with a Displaylink D3100. When moving my mouse around, the mouse constantly lags behind. Additionally, the keyboard repeatedly clicks a key that i have type for 8 or 9 rather than the 1 intended. Is this a common problem? What do i do?
kodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

I would advise approaching the laptop manufacturer to discuss this USB problem.
It sounds like the communication is dropped so the computer still believes your key is pressed and that's why it is repeating.

DisplayLink technology, driver and firmware have no visibility, and no influence, on what the keyboard does. Like your keyboard, our chip is connected through a USB hub to the laptop. Like an Ethernet switch, USB ports don't see what the other port is doing unless the traffic is for them.

You can try a USB port on the other side of the laptop as another port may behave better. Alternatively, splitting the USB 2 traffic (keyboard and mouse) from the USB 3 traffic may also influence how the platform reacts and work around the issue.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:24 PM   #3
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodys View Post
I am having an issue with my Dell laptop connected to two monitors with a Displaylink D3100. When moving my mouse around, the mouse constantly lags behind. Additionally, the keyboard repeatedly clicks a key that i have type for 8 or 9 rather than the 1 intended. Is this a common problem? What do i do?
If you apply this update from Dell and then reboot the system, does that help? --> https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER034..._SETUP_ZPE.exe

This update makes a small power management setting change, and seems to have helped others reporting similar behavior in the Dell support forums.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 06:57 PM   #4
wolverin3

I am having this same issue as the OP mentions but with a Lenovo 7i (2021) I just bought a month ago. I had a Chromebook before and I had no issues with it. The docking is a DS3900V2 and I notice that when I unplug the power of the DisplayLink and restart it again the issue goes away until my laptop goes to sleep again, and the issue starts again.

I'll appreciate any suggestions.
wolverin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 12:17 PM   #5
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverin3 View Post
I am having this same issue as the OP mentions but with a Lenovo 7i (2021) I just bought a month ago. I had a Chromebook before and I had no issues with it. The docking is a DS3900V2 and I notice that when I unplug the power of the DisplayLink and restart it again the issue goes away until my laptop goes to sleep again, and the issue starts again.

I'll appreciate any suggestions.
The Dell update I mentioned previously --> https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER034..._SETUP_ZPE.exe is not specific to Dell products. It will work on a Lenovo computer.

To expand further, the Dell update is merely a wrapper around a simple batch file script that makes one change to the Windows registry. The change is in regard to a power management setting for the Intel Management Engine (often abbreviated as Intel ME) in the host computer.

If the behavior you are experiencing matches that of the original poster, I would suggest applying to the update in order to see if that changes the behavior.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:37 PM   #6
wolverin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboerner View Post
The Dell update I mentioned previously --> https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER034..._SETUP_ZPE.exe is not specific to Dell products. It will work on a Lenovo computer.

To expand further, the Dell update is merely a wrapper around a simple batch file script that makes one change to the Windows registry. The change is in regard to a power management setting for the Intel Management Engine (often abbreviated as Intel ME) in the host computer.

If the behavior you are experiencing matches that of the original poster, I would suggest applying to the update in order to see if that changes the behavior.
Hello Rboerner,

Thank you for the reply. At the time, I posted here and in the Lenovo forums, and one of the moderators there suggested to hard reset the Lenovo, replug all devices on the docking station and restart the laptop. I have been working for two days, since, and have had no issues.

You are all awesome. It is nice to be able to find solutions to issues as we connect different configurations and different brands.

Very thankful for your suggestion.
wolverin3 is offline   Reply With Quote