Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2014, 05:58 AM   #21
dotMorten

Default Same issue here

I'm seeing the exact same thing. The moment the display link drivers gets installed and activated the first time, Cloning is broken - both on DisplayLink and on Miracast. I wasn't even able to get cloning working again by uninstalling the DisplayLink drivers. I performed a full on reset of the PC and still didn't work, then uninstalled and re-installed the display drivers and finally Miracast started working (not sure how the state survived the full refresh but it did).
I repeated the process and installed the display link drivers yet again. Same thing happens: Clone is broken. Here's what happens when clicking apply: http://twitpic.com/dxnvug/full

I tried reinstalling the Intel Graphics drivers after installing DisplayLink, but that didn't resolve it.
dotMorten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:02 AM   #22
dotMorten

Default Cloning with DisplayLink

...btw has anyone here been able to clone DisplayLink on the Venue Pro? (I don't really care much about Miracast myself, but cloning DL is important for presentations in environments with lots of wifi devices interfering with Miracast)
Old 03-08-2014, 06:11 AM   #23
dotMorten

Default Dell forum

This forum on the dell website describes the exact behavior I'm experiencing:
http://en.community.dell.com/support.../19531153.aspx
Old 03-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #24
Jammes

Where do yo live?
Jammes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:44 AM   #25
blingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotMorten View Post
...btw has anyone here been able to clone DisplayLink on the Venue Pro? (I don't really care much about Miracast myself, but cloning DL is important for presentations in environments with lots of wifi devices interfering with Miracast)
I also can't clone the displaylink monitor with this new driver update on my venue 8 pro. Displaylink is working on a fix.

Good to hear that the update has fixed the standby battery drain problem. I will test this overnight.

Edit: no additional battery drain with the driver update. Now for the mirror/cloning issues

Last edited by blingers; 03-10-2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: update
blingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:01 AM   #26
BurningOrange

The latest update (7.6M0) has fixed the Miracast cloning issue. It all works beautifully now ! No connected standby drain, cloning, all good ! Thanks to JamesH for keeping us informed and thanks to Displaylink for resolving the issues. Good job !
BurningOrange is offline   Reply With Quote