Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-31-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
JR9989

Exclamation Getting four display link usb to vga adapters to work on OS X 10.9

I recently bought four USB 3.0 to VGA adapters made by Orico to connect additional monitors to my Mac Mini. After plugging them in, I have only been able to get two of the adapters to display at one time. I have tried them all individually and they all work, but they all won't work together. I have also tried them on my MacBook Pro with the same results, I've added a power USB hub to the equation with the same results. When I have tried them on Windows 7 and 8.1, I have only been able to get one monitor to work. It says I can use four usb monitors on Mac OS X, so I thought that side I had the two monitors connected through mini display port, and hdmi. Maybe it was four all together monitors, but no, when I unplug on of those I get the same results. These aren't cheap computers that can't handle it. The Mac Mini has a 2.6ghz Intel i7 processor, and the MacBook Pro has a 2.8ghz Intel i7 processor, both with 16gb of ram. I also tried 10.10 and 10.11 with the same results. Am I missing something here, because both displaylink's website and Orico's website, say I should be able to get 4 on Mac OS X, and 6 on Windows. All of these monitors are identical 1920x1080 ViewSonic 20inch monitors. The only difference is that I'm using DVI for the two built display output connections, and VGA for the DisplayLink connectors. Plus all of the devices come up in System Information, and appear to be functioning fine with all of the required power that they need. *Also the Orico drivers, are just the driver downloads from the DisplayLink website.
JR9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:47 AM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR9989 View Post
I recently bought four USB 3.0 to VGA adapters made by Orico to connect additional monitors to my Mac Mini. After plugging them in, I have only been able to get two of the adapters to display at one time. I have tried them all individually and they all work, but they all won't work together. I have also tried them on my MacBook Pro with the same results, I've added a power USB hub to the equation with the same results. When I have tried them on Windows 7 and 8.1, I have only been able to get one monitor to work. It says I can use four usb monitors on Mac OS X, so I thought that side I had the two monitors connected through mini display port, and hdmi. Maybe it was four all together monitors, but no, when I unplug on of those I get the same results. These aren't cheap computers that can't handle it. The Mac Mini has a 2.6ghz Intel i7 processor, and the MacBook Pro has a 2.8ghz Intel i7 processor, both with 16gb of ram. I also tried 10.10 and 10.11 with the same results. Am I missing something here, because both displaylink's website and Orico's website, say I should be able to get 4 on Mac OS X, and 6 on Windows. All of these monitors are identical 1920x1080 ViewSonic 20inch monitors. The only difference is that I'm using DVI for the two built display output connections, and VGA for the DisplayLink connectors. Plus all of the devices come up in System Information, and appear to be functioning fine with all of the required power that they need. *Also the Orico drivers, are just the driver downloads from the DisplayLink website.
Hi,

The only explanation I can think of is that the manufacturer may have set all the devices with the same USB serial number.

To make sure, please connect the maximum number of devices to either a Mac or a Windows system and send us the debug logs:
http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...to-displaylink
http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...to-displaylink

If it is as I suspect you would need to return the non compliant devices and we'd have to contact the manufacturer to rectify the situation.
The logs may point us towards a different direction of course!

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
four monitors, identification issues., mavericks, trouble, usb to vga