Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software

Old 08-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #1
robmc5

Default Interesting problem with Windows 10 and DL 7.9

I have a Lenovo W530, usually sits it the dock and have 4 Lenovo monitors connected using the dock and two DisplayLink adaptors (dock powers two monitors and the DisplayLinks the other two). This setup has worked fine for Win7 and 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 pro and problems started. The main issue was that the Start menu, Microsoft edge and all Modern UI apps (calc,calendar,mail) would not work, they would open for a brief second and then close. A check of the logs would show a remote procedure call failure on each launch. I tried a clean instead, same problem. One thing I noticed was that all the apps would work fine if I was not docked. I tried a number of fixes from TechNet and various sites. I finally did another clean install and installed and tested everything, turns out as soon as I install the DisplayLink drivers all the Modern UI apps and the start menu stop working, if I run them I get a "remote procedure failed" error.

I am currently using the laptop docked and with only two monitors, Display Link software is not installed and Windows 10 works great. AS soon as I install it and the machine is docked the problems start again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:01 PM   #2
qwantz

This is a known issue that hasn't been fixed yet:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63963