Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2017, 09:49 PM   #1
Recovering_Californian

Question Random BSOD

First off, I've already run the support tool and sent Tech Support the logs. Not sure what the turn around time is so I thought I'd post my issue here as I don't see anything similar posted. Any advice is appreciated.

I recently (two weeks ago) bought a Dell XPS 15 9550 (2016 model) along with a Dell D3100 Displaylink dock. I’m using three ASUS LCD’s (not at 4K). From day one I’ve been getting random BSOD. If I’m not connected to the Dock everything is fine. I’ve also replaced the dock in case the original was defective. Still the same issue. The BSOD says either “critical process died” or “memory_management”. BSOD never goes past 0% either so no BSOD logs to look at. Dell diagnostics (via F12 at bootup) don’t indicate any problems. Yesterday I did a clean install of Windows 10 and installed all necessary drivers. I continue to have random BSOD.

Sometimes I get repeated crashes/BSOD and sometimes I go for hours without any.

Thank you.

-Mike
Recovering_Californian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:59 AM   #2
Recovering_Californian

This may not be a displaylink issue after all. I tried connecting my monitor straight to the laptops HDMI and got a BSOD a while later.
Recovering_Californian is offline   Reply With Quote