Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 09-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #1
naeembukhari

Default Dell D3100 - Ethernet port not working

Hello All,

The ethernet port on my Dell D3100 port replicator does not work after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have a Dell XPS 13 (9343). The only functions I am able to perform through the replicator are print , Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Mouse. Windows 10 will detect these peripherals when connected.

I just downloaded the DisplayLink drivers, the latest ones that were released today, September 23rd, 2020, but the problem still persists.

The BIOS and the chipset have been updated to the latest versions.

Further, I have used, the Display Cleaner but it had no affect. The steps outlined to perform a clean install of the display link software were performed as well .

I have even removed the Anti-Virus S/W that came with the laptop as a precaution, so that it would solve the issue. No success either.

I am able to access the Internet using the USB ports on the laptop directly by means of a USB Ethernet dongle and wirelessly, using the W-Fi feature.

ping, dnsflush, reset Network within Windows , all performed and no success either.

In Device Manager, under "Network Adapters", I have USB 3.0 to Ethernet Gigabit Adapter, driver installed. This was after installing the All - in One USB Gigabit Ethernet executable.

Under Universal Serial bus controllers, I have, " Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 Microsoft, USB Composite Device, USB Root Hub Hub (USB 3.0).

Does the firmware on the D3100 need to be updated for it work in Windows 10. If yes, is there a link to download, if anybody can share.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by naeembukhari; 09-23-2020 at 04:02 PM. Reason: One more detail.
naeembukhari is offline   Reply With Quote