Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 07-13-2022, 05:46 PM   #1
a1ecbr0wn

Default Ubuntu 22.04 issues with DLSupport output

Hi

I have two different machines that I recently upgraded from Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04. My main desktop that has been running with a Targus Displaylink adapter for many years, after upgrading to the latest displaylink-driver-5.6.0-59.176 version of the DisplayLink driver now will only show a blank screen for the port that goes through DisplayLink unless the mouse cursor is on that screen, then it will show the mouse cursor but nothing else.

I thought that the issue might be the fact that my Targus DisplayLink adapter was a bit old so I grabbed a new Wavlink WL-UG5301H in the Amazon Prime Day sale and tried that, but unfortunately it was exactly the same.

On my second machine (an old cheap laptop) with exactly the same distros of Ubuntu, DisplayLink works perfectly.

I have run the DLSupport tool on the desktop that does not work in the hope that this will help diagnose the issue and have attached the reults.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DLSupportTool_Output_2022-07-13T17:17:31.626611.zip (613.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by a1ecbr0wn; 07-13-2022 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Adding attachment
a1ecbr0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:46 PM   #2
a1ecbr0wn

UPDATE: With the help of Kate from DispayLink, I have discovered that my issue is solved if I switch from Wayland to XOrg.
a1ecbr0wn is offline   Reply With Quote