Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 12-10-2020, 03:08 AM   #1
NorthernMTB

Default Issues with Plugable USB-C UD-ULTC4K Dock

Hello,

My previous Dell Thunderbolt TB16 decided to die on me last week after 3 years for great service. ,I decided to try another brand, but I was wondering if someone could help with this as I have a few problem.

I have a HP Elite 830 G6 Notebook and I have bought a UD-ULTC4K from the company Plugable. I was not aware of the DisplayLink technology it uses. It uses USB-C and mention Thunderbolt in the description, but clearly uses DisplayLink. I connected it with 3 monitors and a gigabits ethernet connection, but I have weird problem with it. Every few hours, screens will flicker and reconnect, and the system would become weird after (slow, or mouse cursor would disappear). When this happen, the ethernet connection always drop.

I have updated the BIOS of my HP Laptop, and updated all the drivers I could find (IntelChip Set, USB Drivers, Thunderbolt, etc). . I am running DisplayLink Manager 10.0.82.0 . ....

Any idea? Or it is a Displaylink known problem?
Thanks
NorthernMTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
oxforum

All 3 screens flicker? Asking as that dock uses a combination of DisplayLink (DP) and Alt-Mode (HDMI). Might be worth updating notebook graphics driver if not already done.

Also worth trying another notebook USB port.
oxforum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
Jeff29922

Default Screen Flickering Issue

I am having a similar issue, but it's only the monitor that is connected to the dock via HDMI. I am using the dock with my Surface Book 2 and I believe that this is a known issue. I opened a case with Plugable and they sent me a new dock (supposedly with newer firmware) that was supposed to fix the issue, but I have the exact same symptoms with the new dock. I have updated all related drivers (Microsoft Surface Book 2, Dock, etc.) I think I will have to open a case. I am also a Microsoft employee so I will check to see if this is a known issue and if anything is being done on our side (I know there are other SB2 owners having the same problem). Sorry I know you have a HP, but it's now looking like there is an issue with the HDMI port on the dock and it might not be only with the Surface.
Jeff29922 is offline   Reply With Quote