Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 12-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #1
campfred

Unhappy Trouble with home network access via Ethernet

I have a Toshiba dynadock U3.0 and I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro and I tried all drivers from 7.2 to the latest (7.5) and even those from Toshiba. (Which are outdated).
When I use an Ethernet connection with my Toshiba dynadock U3.0, I can't access any computers on my home network. Sometimes, they appear in my network map and if I have the best luck in the world that time, I can go take a look at the shared folders list of one of those computers but can't go inside the folders. I still have an internet access but this is the only thing that works.
I tried to plug my Ethernet cable in my laptop (ASUS N56DP-DH11) and it works like a charm but not on my dock.
I tried to plug the dock in the four available USB ports (They're all 3.0 if any are wondering.) and it doesn't change anything.
I don't think that my Cat6 cable has any links to the problem and I need this because I'm travelling the signal around my house.
I also verified my router's settings and everything should be fine.
Any one has an idea or know what to do?
I would love to be able to plug only one cable and everything works well.
Thanks in advance for helping me!
I really need to have access to my home network because I have a NAS in which all my computers are backed up each week and I have a lot of stuff shared with other users.
campfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Can you attach the logs from this tool when the issue occurs:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
Kite

Hi, mine was not exactly the same problem (to me indicated that the cable was disconnected) but I solved it by setting the speed manually instead of letting the auto-negotiation: Control Panel> Device Manager> Network Adapters> DisplayLink Ethernet> Advanced> Speed ​​& Duplex = select your speed
Kite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynadock u3, ethernet, problem