Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2014, 02:36 AM   #1
GarionB

Default Surface Pro 2 - 3 Display Link USB Adapters - Consistently losing displays

Hello,
I am currently running Windows 8.1 and did NOT have your software running before upgrading from 8.0. I am on the latest driver verion 7.6 M0 and have the following issue. I cannot go more than an hour before all my displays simply blank out , change display order, lose a display , enable a previously disabled display or any combination of the above. I've tried going through a powered Belkin 7 port USB 3.0 hub and also tried connecting the 3 adapters to my Surface docking station all with same results. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what's going on b/c I'm trying to ditch my desktop and this is the only thing holding me back. I've uploaded 3 different iterations of log files over the past few weeks for your assistance. Thank you.

Garion
Attached Files
File Type: zip CH00LIT1714_20140520_213056.zip (4.15 MB, 1 views)
File Type: zip CH00LIT1714_20140505_090540.zip (2.27 MB, 2 views)
File Type: zip CH00LIT1714_20140423_114501.zip (2.19 MB, 1 views)
GarionB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #2
GarionB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarionB View Post
Hello,
I am currently running Windows 8.1 and did NOT have your software running before upgrading from 8.0. I am on the latest driver verion 7.6 M0 and have the following issue. I cannot go more than an hour before all my displays simply blank out , change display order, lose a display , enable a previously disabled display or any combination of the above. I've tried going through a powered Belkin 7 port USB 3.0 hub and also tried connecting the 3 adapters to my Surface docking station all with same results. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what's going on b/c I'm trying to ditch my desktop and this is the only thing holding me back. I've uploaded 3 different iterations of log files over the past few weeks for your assistance. Thank you.

Garion
What is the proper avenue to receive support on DisplayLink products? Is there at least email support?
GarionB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
JamesH

Hi

It seems to be a hardware issue.

In the logs we see a USB connection errors which can be down to the USB port on your PC, the USB cable(s) or the adapters themselves.

Are you able to isolate the issue to a particular adapter? Try starting with one adapter connected to the 7 port hub and work with that long enough and then replace with another and so on.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote