Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-29-2019, 04:44 AM   #1
Stressica

Unhappy Terrible Performance and INTENSE CPU usage

Hello, so I finally got out one of the old Dell D6000 Docks that we gave everyone at the office, and much to my surprise after upgrading to 5.0.1 and Updating Mohave to 14.3 my screens actually showed up, I thought I actually didn't need to have my computer taking it in every hole anymore (sorry, gross but you get it) .... Drives my OCD up the wall and then some

Now that I can actually see my screens, of course there's another problem... It's eating the actual hell out of my CPU - like 70-140%, on top of that it seems as though I'm getting no more than 20hz refresh rate as opposed to the 60 I should be getting with DisplayPort, don't even attempt to watch any video, it's choppy and unwatchable, dragging windows feels like how Gumby was filmed back in the day with stop animation– I've searched all over the internet and have found zero solutions for this.

What i have done so far:

SMC reset

Reinstalled DisplayLink 2x

Tried 5 other Macbook Pro 2016s that we have laying around in the office (all have the same problem, no software installed either)

Tried HDMI instead of DP and mDP

Some crazy recovery mode / terminal command fix (it didn't fix it)

I'd really appreciate some help with this. If anyone can point me in the right direction of an actual solution that will give me the performance I should be getting I'd be so grateful.

Cheers,
Stress
Stressica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cpu, fps, low performance, mohave, slow