Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-22-2022, 12:14 PM   #1
bnqdms

Default Macbook Air M1 2020 Dual Monitor Setup - Both Monitors Detected, One Blank

I have two external monitors I'd like to use with my Macbook Air M1 2020.

I have a Belkin Dual Display USB-C dock to plug both of these monitors into via HDMI; this is then connected to the Macbook Air via USB-C.

When connected, one monitor shows an image, the other monitor is detected but shows no image.

Hardware
  • Macbook Air M1 2020
  • Belkin INC002 USB-C Dual Display Docking Station
  • Benq GW2480 - this monitor works when plugged into the dock via HDMI in both single/dual monitor setup
  • Benq BL2485TC - this monitor does not work when plugged into the dock via HDMI in either single/dual monitor setup

Software
  • macOS Monterey 12.5.1
  • DisplayLink 1.7.1

I can get the Benq BL2485 to work if I plug the GW2480 into the dock, and use the Apple USB-C multiport adapter in the other USB-C port of the laptop. I was under the impression I'd be able to plug both screens into the Belkin dock though, so this isn't ideal.

I have tried turning everything off and on, restarting, etc. several times but this doesn't do anything.

I have tried using different HDMI cables, no difference.

The problem seems to lie between the Benq BL2485 and the Belkin dock. Has anyone had the same issue in the past? Any ideas for how to troubleshoot are welcome.
bnqdms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 08:15 AM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnqdms View Post
I have two external monitors I'd like to use with my Macbook Air M1 2020.

I have a Belkin Dual Display USB-C dock to plug both of these monitors into via HDMI; this is then connected to the Macbook Air via USB-C.

When connected, one monitor shows an image, the other monitor is detected but shows no image.

Hardware
  • Macbook Air M1 2020
  • Belkin INC002 USB-C Dual Display Docking Station
  • Benq GW2480 - this monitor works when plugged into the dock via HDMI in both single/dual monitor setup
  • Benq BL2485TC - this monitor does not work when plugged into the dock via HDMI in either single/dual monitor setup

Software
  • macOS Monterey 12.5.1
  • DisplayLink 1.7.1

I can get the Benq BL2485 to work if I plug the GW2480 into the dock, and use the Apple USB-C multiport adapter in the other USB-C port of the laptop. I was under the impression I'd be able to plug both screens into the Belkin dock though, so this isn't ideal.

I have tried turning everything off and on, restarting, etc. several times but this doesn't do anything.

I have tried using different HDMI cables, no difference.

The problem seems to lie between the Benq BL2485 and the Belkin dock. Has anyone had the same issue in the past? Any ideas for how to troubleshoot are welcome.
Hello,
Would you be able to gather logfiles that will show us a bit more about your current setup?
Can you please attach your logs file then please follow the steps in this link
https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

Last edited by DanielSznicer; 08-23-2022 at 08:18 AM.
DanielSznicer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:19 AM   #3
bnqdms

Many thanks for your assistance Daniel, my problem is now resolved and I can use the hub and both displays as intended.

For anyone experiencing the same issue, I encourage you to gather your log files and get in touch with technical-enquiries@synaptics.com.

Daniel was quick to reply and his solution worked perfectly.

Thanks again!
bnqdms is offline   Reply With Quote