Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2017, 07:04 PM   #1
simonhouse

Default extended monitor not coming back on

I have a Dell 3100 dock and set it up...works great until the monitor has been off for a longer period of time, like overnight. I set USB ports power management to not go to sleep, and the laptop (Latitude 3570) allows the screen to go off but the computer does not go to sleep. When it doesn't work I get an error in Device Manager "Unknown USB Device, Set Address Failed" I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. To make it work I need to "Remove Device" , unplug and then plug back in.

When it DOES work I still have a caution shown in Device Manager on, "DisplayLink Network Adapter NCM" and when I click on it, it gives me error code 39 "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Object Name not found."

I have used the disk that came with the Dell 3100 for drivers but when I use it on my brand new Win 10 laptop, it does say that it is an unsupported version of windows. It's the windows that came with my Dell Latitude 3570. Please help or should I return?
simonhouse is offline   Reply With Quote