Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
tuser32

Default ATI Driver + DisplayLink Windows 7 problem. Solution?

Hi all, I'm using DisplayLink extensively with no problems (my computers never had ATI/AMD graphics before).

Recently i bought a laptop that has ATI/AMD graphics card and when i installed displaylink, after rebooting, i saw blue screen and had to reinstall everything, including Windows 7.

My laptop is a Sony VAIO VPCSB1B9E (S series 13.3, i7, year 2011) with display adapters (as seen in my control panel):

1. AMD Radeon HD 6630M, ATI Driver, v.8.811.1.0, and
2. Mobile Intel HD Graphics, ATI Driver, v.8.811.1.0

There are known problems on this combination, e.g. http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=183

Question: When will this get solved? or what are the steps to avoid the crash Permanently?

I saw in the forum that if someone reverts to some versions of the drivers for both sides (graphics - displaylink) he may
solve the problem. I can't have again blue screen. But I want to use displaylink. Please advise.

thanks!

Last edited by tuser32; 11-26-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: adding more details
tuser32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
Wim

Hi

This system should be supported. To know the cause of the blue screen, then I really need the dump file it created, but I guess you no longer had this if you re-imaged your laptop. Could you check you have the latest ATI/INtel driver installed, as an early version of the graphics driver could cause issues when used with DisplayLink.

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
tuser32

Hi Wim,

thanks for your fast response.

The drivers I have are the latest (which actually are the originals) that Sony has on their support site for my laptop.

1. AMD Radeon HD 6630M, ATI Driver, v.8.811.1.0, and
2. Mobile Intel HD Graphics, ATI Driver, v.8.811.1.0.

The only latest drivers i can find are from AMD, which has this:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...b_win7-64.aspx

AMD display driver version 8.872.

So is the 8.872 compatible with DisplayLink, and which version of DisplayLink?

What about the "Mobile Intel HD Graphics" drivers? are these the same as the AMD (look that my currently installed drivers are both from ATI #1, #2 above).

Sorry but I need please detailed directions, as I cannot afford another blue-screen reimaging.

thanks!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
deryk.marl

Same problem here. HD5750 card, latest drivers from AMD 11.8).

Even after uninstalling this software and running System Restore, it's still crashing (display goes corrupt and then I get "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" then immediately crashes again over and over)

Seems to have completely hosed my installation... I'm just hoping to somehow manage to reinstall the graphics drivers - uninstalling through safe mode device manager got me to a usable VGA system but installing the AMD drivers again just gets it back to a crashy state.

Edit: Managed to get out of it by doing the Safe Mode uninstall, then running the AMD driver installation and choosing Uninstall, then reinstalling the AMD drivers again. Phew.

Think I'll pass on this software for now

Last edited by deryk.marl; 09-13-2011 at 08:54 AM.
deryk.marl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
tuser32

Are there any plans for coordinating with ATI Drivers' Developers, so that these problems will get disappear? I want to use DisplayLink also with my new laptop!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #6
tuser32

Default New version driver works perfect!

Hi,

IT installed the new version of your driver and it works perfect with my Vaio!

Thank you very much!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Jimmyburkitt

I have same problam can't get anywhere has anyone figured this out, I have tried everything. About to return I have 3 devices that need displaylink and none work!
Jimmyburkitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
Wim

There should be no problems currently between the AMD drivers and DisplayLink software version 6.1 M1 on the website. If you have issues, you need to post your log files and a better description of the problem you are seeing.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #9
Jimmyburkitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
There should be no problems currently between the AMD drivers and DisplayLink software version 6.1 M1 on the website. If you have issues, you need to post your log files and a better description of the problem you are seeing.

Wim
I have attached the scan report, thanks for any help you can give me

When I install the software on my computer it first, kills catalist program, then pop up saying explorer is no longer working, if I open IE it crashes and I can't move the window, if I restart it will not turn on until I run a system restore, I have tried all updated software and drivers, shut off windows man. , I uninstalled all ati software except the drivers and still o luck, my computer is a new hp, I did install an upgrade ati card to get more monitors.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HOWARDBURKITT_20120113_152859.zip (1.80 MB, 3 views)

Last edited by Jimmyburkitt; 01-14-2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Didn't give disp.
Jimmyburkitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:06 AM   #10
westrajc

Thumbs down DL on HP Media Docking Station Pav DV6 Win 7 x64

I just purchased a HP Multi-media Docking Station. I'm running Windows x64 Ultimate on a HP DV6 laptop w/ a Quad-core AMD + ATI A8 Vision laptop with 8G or RAM.

As soon as I plug the docking station in, the laptop attempts to install the drivers, flips through a couple of black screens then goes BSD. I've installed the latest DisplayLink drivers and am running the latest ATI / HP AMD drivers.

I've seen dumps requested, etc. Does anyone have an actual solution!?
westrajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ati, crash, displaylink, windows 7