Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > General Discussion

Old 07-10-2018, 06:47 AM   #1
Ghen

Default DisplayLink performance impact ?

Hello everyone,
i'm a new owner of Dell 7567, and planned to put 2 external monitor into it, but unfortunately the manufacturer only put 1 hdmi port into it (can anyone give me reason why they didnt put display port instead ? )
but anyway, so i google about it, and just found out that theres exist usb to hdmi adapter, bought it, and try it, with a bit of hassle i can get it to work, while its indeed work, it got slight delay input, and also have quite huge performance impact, let me elaborate a bit

i have 2 monitors, monitor A plugged to hdmi, monitor B plugged to usb - hdmi adaptor, if theres nothing moving (video etc) played on monitor B, it works perfectly, i can play game on monitor A with solid 60 fps, but when theres something moving on monitor B (youtube) , my game on monitor A dip into 40 fps

then i stumble upon dell video that said they have dell docking station with displaylink tech in it, so my question is, how much of the overhead the display link cause? , is it better or just the same as the usb-hdmi adaptor i already used?

thank you
Ghen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dell, docking, game, performance, station