Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
mmetzinger

Exclamation Screen Freeze - Multiple Units

Hello, I am an IT admin and I purchased 6 DynaDock Vs from Toshiba that utilize the DisplayLink software. These units are split across two different models of laptops, 5 HP Probooks and a Sony VAIO(my laptop). Since we have purchased the units we have had nothing but problems. The external display will constantly freeze on users and myself after a random time interval and while the most simple things are being performed. The last time I clicked on the start menu and it froze. I have installed the latest drivers for the DynaDock from Toshiba's website and the latest DisplayLink driver from your website, 5.5M1. I have already gotten 6 replacement units from Toshiba just in case and that didn't change anything. Actually the one unit i got out for my laptop seemed liked it locked up even faster than before.

Just some quick specs about our setup:
5 HP Probooks running Windows 7 32bit - 2GB RAM.... i think
1 sony VAIO running Windows 7 64bit - 6GB RAM

Can anyone help me? I have uploaded the error logs from my machine as gathered by the support tool I found on the website.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20110118_110755.zip (328.1 KB, 1557 views)

Tags
freeze, locking up, screen freezing