Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.3 Software Release

Old 03-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
Ak Schultz

Default Hp Pavilion a1022n Incompatible?

I have a Hp Pavilion a1022n with Windows 7 running on it and after I installed the DisplayLink driver and rebooted my computer it says that the driver is incompatible. I have tried cleaning and installing every version available on this site and the CD that was given with my USB 2.0 to DVI Display Adapter, but none of them have worked for me.

Does DisplayLink not work for my computer?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
Dan
Banned

Can you provide any more information about your system? We test against a wide variety of HP laptops, so it is unusual that you are not able to install the software.

What is the error message you are getting?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
Wim

Is this the error message you are seeing:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=293

Message "Incompatible display driver" on install or device connection
Symptom:

After installing DisplayLink software or connecting a DisplayLink device on Windows 7, an error message is seen:

Problem:
This message will appear if the primary graphics card drivers installed are not WDDM compatible.

The DisplayLink solution will not function if the primary graphics card drivers are XPDM drivers (XP Drivers).

Solution:
Download and install the latest Windows 7 drivers for your primary graphics card.

Wim
Old 07-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #4
hdhova

I have a Pavillion a1040n. Intel doesn't offer drivers that support WDDM for the chipset in the boards in our computers. Do you have any resolution?

I'm personally not looking to do anything more than look at a web browser, pdf document, and Word, since I just am using this machine to do research.

I've tried downgrading my Intel 915G or downgrading my displaylink UV Plus+12. I've emailed for support numerous times with nothing so far.