Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-08-2021, 07:16 PM   #1
Ezevans

Default M1 Dual Monitor Anomalies

I am using an M1 MacBook 13" with two acer H236HL monitors. I am running the Acer monitors through a Targus Model DOCK190. I was very excited for this remedy because of the one external monitor limit of the M1. It is mostly great with a few exceptions. Most times when my screens go to sleep and I awaken them they exhibit a few undesirable behaviors. The first behavior is that one or more of them comes back as a mirrored monitor of my MacBook. This can be remedied by unplugging the USB C cord from the MacBook to the Targus. The second behavior is that when they awaken the assigned desktop backgrounds are forgotten. The third behavior is that windows that I had open with certain applications switch from left display to right display. This sounds easy to fix but gets complicated because Sketchup for Mac has may associated tool windows that take a long time to set up and or move to a new display. Some of the behaviors happen after unplugging and replugging the USB C cable.

Would love some remedies
Ezevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:03 PM   #2
anthlover

I have a similar set up Targus 180 model. MacBook Air M1 16/1TB use it mostly in clamshell mode. If things go on the fritz I use the power button on the back of the Targus.

I do not generally have any of the issue you mention with window position or mirroring error.

One suggestion. As my Targus is able to provide power over USB-C etc. I have a USB-C port free. You might want to plug one of your monitors into that port via a USB-C to Display port or HDMI adapter. I use this solution because at present one of my two monitors does not with Display link 1.2 driver support 1440P resolution with 4K monitors. This has a side benefit of making clam shell mode more reliable.

Your Targus 190 model is pretty similar to my 180 except the 190 has power tips for other brands of laptop that are not USB-C. I found 180 on sale on amazon for $154 if your still within your return period looks like its a few dollars more at the moment (still plenty less expensive to cover a usb-c to HDMI adapter). Good Luck.

Last edited by anthlover; 02-14-2021 at 05:30 AM.
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:50 AM   #3
Bakervic

I am not really sure which can be the reason, this behavior is strange and might be a software error. I would try to reinstall the drivers, or check for updates, this is where you start from. If the problem doesn't disappear, it might be because of operating system, there is a lot of reason which can cause this. The monitor can be defect as well, you should try with another monitor, I just got recently one of the best 144Hz Monitor Under 200 it's very impressive, a totally different experience.

Last edited by Bakervic; 04-30-2021 at 02:59 AM.
Bakervic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 12:57 AM   #4
xMarkus

Default Mac os Big Sur 11.3 M1

I updated mac os big sur 11.3 M1
The QGeeM hub arrived today, it doesn't work. Do not detect the monitors using the DisplayLink software. I did the test on Windows and it worked. Do you have a software update forecast?
Captura de Tela 2021-05-06 às 20.55.43.jpg
xMarkus is offline   Reply With Quote