Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 01:31 PM   #11
Schlaubstar

Default Suffering from the same issue

I am also suffering from the same issue: The strange thing is that there are some days where the problem does not occur at all - some times it happens 3 times within 5 minutes making it almost impossible to work.

Setup: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga X380 and the ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock. Notebook - Dock connection is via USB-C, 2 Displays attached to Dock via DP.
I assume that the problem does not occur when connecting via USB-A but then my Notebook does not get charged anymore ...

The symptoms: Mouse freezes, displays freeze ... after approx. 15 seconds they turn black and recover to normal operation within another 10 seconds. Interestingly: LAN connectivity, which is also handled via dock, stays working. If the problem reoccurs to often within a short period of time after the third attempt the external display stay frozen (showing the last screen) and do not recover. I have to open the notebook lid, as this is the only active display then, and disconnect/reconnect the dock again.

Eventviewer gets flooded with the EventID: 10111 Source: DriverFrameworks-UserMode and the Text: The device "ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock" (Location "003e.0000.0000.001.002.000.000.000.000") is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

... for other German users: Das Gerät "ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock" (Ort "003e.0000.0000.001.002.000.000.000.000") ist aufgrund eines Ausfalls eines Benutzermodustreibers offline. Ein Neustart des Geräts wird 5 Mal versucht. Weitere Informationen zu diesem Problem erhalten Sie beim Gerätehersteller.

Graphic-card drivers (Displaylink and Intels'integrated ones) are up to date. Firmwares (dock and Notebook) are also up to date.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:06 AM   #12
DonK

Default Error 10111 Lost of Video Problem

Like the previous reports, I am having the same 10111 error with the following message from the Event Viewer:

Quote:
The device ASUSTEK MB169B+ (location 0000.0014.0000.005.000.000.000.000.000) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.
My monitor is connected directly to one of the USB 3 ports on my ASRock H310M-HDV/M.2 motherboard. The currently installed driver is Ver. 9.1.1644.0 The OS is Windows Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

As others report, the problem is intermittent. The monitor will periodically go black for several seconds and then return to normal video. There might be several of these losses of video within a period of a minute or two and then none for an extended period of time.

Let me know if I can provide additional information

Don
Old 11-25-2019, 09:48 AM   #13
Mikko

Default Lenovo ThinkPad T480 BIOS update 1.36 solved this issue

Hi,

I also had this driver crash issue with my T480 and the ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock. Displays connected to the dock randomly went black and I had to disconnect/reconnect USB3 calble to fix this. I tried Displaylink beta -drivers, but they didn't fix the problem.

Lenovo published a new BIOS update (1.36) for T480 and it contained the following fix:

[Problem fixes]
- Fixed an issue where monitors attached to Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen2 are
disconnected when battery charging is reached to 100%.

https://support.lenovo.com/fi/en/downloads/ds502226

I managed to regenerate the problem and updated BIOS. I haven't got any crashes after the update.

Kind Regards,
Mikko
Old 11-26-2019, 11:39 PM   #14
DonK

Default Loss of Video

I continue to have the loss of video problem I reported in my previous post, however the DriverFrameworks-UserMode Log no longer shows the driver crash error, although it continues to show other apparently normal events related to my ASUS USB monitor using the DisplayLink driver.

If someone can suggest a way to troubleshoot this intermittent loss of video, I would appreciate it.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:36 AM   #15
AlbanRampon

Then I would recommend you start a new thread with new behaviour and details, please.

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
Old 12-12-2019, 08:43 PM   #16
eastevenson

I'm having this same issue with a new Acer XF270H monitor I bought. I've been running a Dell and AOC monitor with my D3100 DisplayLink device and Latitude 7290 with Windows 10 Enterprise for a year+ without any issues. I added a new Acer monitor, and almost immediately this problem starts.

The Acer monitor keeps freezing up and throwing the 10111 (when it's attempting to restart) and 10112 (when it gives up on restarting) errors, and both external monitors are disabled, leaving only the built-in laptop display functioning. USB devices on my D3100 that don't go through the DisplayLink chip (mouse, keyboard) continue to function after a brief hiccup during the disconnecting of the monitors.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the USB 3.0 uplink cable restarts successfully, and then anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour later it happens again.

Software-wise, I've uninstalled and then did a clean install/update of:
- USB Root Hub driver
- USB 3.0 Host Controller driver
- DisplayLink core software
- DisplayLink driver
- Acer monitor driver
- Intel graphics driver
- Ran Windows update to ensure nothing else outdated

Hardware-wise, I've tried:
- Running just the Acer and Dell monitors without the AOC monitor (this was one of the first things I tried and everything since then has been tested with just those 2 external monitors to simplify things)
- Connecting the Acer to my D3100 with HDMI-to-HDMI
- Connecting the Acer with DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort
- Swapping out the USB uplink cable between the D3100 and my laptop for a different one
- Trying both USB 3.0 ports on my laptop
- Running Acer and Dell monitors with and without the lid closed on the laptop

Settings-wise, I disabled USB Selective Suspend when plugged in (as recommended by DisplayLink troubleshooting guide), and just blindly stabbing in the dark I also tried setting the refresh rate of the Acer down to 60Hz instead of the 120Hz it defaults to, and tried turning off FreeSync on the Acer monitor.

The only thing I haven't done of the recommendations I've found is tried to update the BIOS because this is a work computer and they don't give us the BIOS passwords for our machines as a matter of policy, but it's not all that old - Dell 1.6 from August 2018. Our IT department doesn't support personal devices and peripherals so can't help me with this issue. I'm about to just return the monitor if I can't figure this out in the next day or two, but I'd rather avoid the hassle and get this one working if possible.

Attaching the output from the Support Tool here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DL_Windows_Logs_20191212_153904.zip (8.87 MB, 1 views)

Last edited by eastevenson; 12-12-2019 at 09:13 PM. Reason: typo and clarifying order of hardware fixes attempted
Old 12-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #17
Xplorer1

I'm suffering this error (10111) as well. Dell XPS 13, D3100 dock. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the DL drivers, installed every maintenance and driver download that Dell has to offer and still it happens. I have 2 external monitors - a Dell Ultrasharp 25" (at 2560*1440) and a Samsung 22" (1920*1080). I don't use the laptop monitor.

Both monitors go dark simultaneously, then he laptop hibernates (I think). Power goes off, I press the power button, the Dell logo appears, blinks off, comes back with the rotating wheel, and then either the monitors come on and I'm back in business, or only the laptop monitor comes on. All my apps are still running in either case. In the latter case, in Device Manager I disable all the Displaylink D3100 instances (there are generally 4 rather than 2) and re-enable them. At some point in this process the monitors come back to life and the number of D3100 instances goes back to 2. And of course Event Viewer shows 5 or 6 10111 critical events.

Then for a variable period - up to 24 hours - it's fine, before it happens again.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:33 AM   #18
onix

Default 2 Critical Errors on startup

Add me to the list of affected users -- an ASUS MB168B+ connected to a Lenovo 460s with the latest BIOS and running Windows 10. Problems started after an OS update from version 1809 to 1909. The two DriverFrameworks-UserMode errors occur only at startup, causing at least a 45 second delay before the login screen displays.

The two errors in the Event Log occur in sequence:
  • Event ID 10110: A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.
  • Event ID 10111: The device MB168B+ (location 0000.0014.0000.013.001.000.000.000.000) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

Last edited by onix; 01-02-2020 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:57 PM   #19
Babongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello Dlong,

I've escalated the case and we're in discussion with the manufacturer.

Kind regards,
Alban
Ref 30803
Hi,

we started to rollout new Devices (HP EliteBook X360 1030 G4). We discovered the same Issues that you guys discussed here. Same Eventviewer-Errors 10110 and 10111, same behaviour with a Freeze for the external Displays and a LAN disconnect. Connected USB-Devices are still available (for Example the keyboard).

In addition, the Problem seems to occur more often, when there is a lot of Network traffic going on, like file transfers from a networkshare to the affected client or some downloads from the internet.

Our Environment looks like this:
Device: HP EliteBook X360 1030 G4
Dock: Lenovo Hybrid Dock (Latest Firmware installed)
Displays: FUJITSU Display B27T-7 (connected via DisplayPort)
Windows: Windows 10 1903 (with December Updates)

We tried nearly every DisplayLink-Driver Version. The Versions directly from Lenovo, the problem is still there. The most recent Version directly from Lenovo is 9.3.2992.
We also tried some older Verisons directly from Lenovo, same Problem.
Also, we tried the latest Version directly from the DisplayLink-Website. Sadly, the problem still exists.

We updated all Drivers on our HP-Notebook including the BIOS, chipset, Thunderbolt etc. The Problem is still there.

Only workaround by now is to connect the Dock via USB-A to the Notebook.

@AlbanRampon: You said, this Case is escalated. Are there any new insights about this problem?

Thanks and best regards.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:51 AM   #20
Simon Aebi

Default Suffering from the same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlaubstar View Post
I am also suffering from the same issue: The strange thing is that there are some days where the problem does not occur at all - some times it happens 3 times within 5 minutes making it almost impossible to work.

Setup: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga X380 and the ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock. Notebook - Dock connection is via USB-C, 2 Displays attached to Dock via DP.
I assume that the problem does not occur when connecting via USB-A but then my Notebook does not get charged anymore ...

The symptoms: Mouse freezes, displays freeze ... after approx. 15 seconds they turn black and recover to normal operation within another 10 seconds. Interestingly: LAN connectivity, which is also handled via dock, stays working. If the problem reoccurs to often within a short period of time after the third attempt the external display stay frozen (showing the last screen) and do not recover. I have to open the notebook lid, as this is the only active display then, and disconnect/reconnect the dock again.

Eventviewer gets flooded with the EventID: 10111 Source: DriverFrameworks-UserMode and the Text: The device "ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock" (Location "003e.0000.0000.001.002.000.000.000.000") is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

... for other German users: Das Gerät "ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock" (Ort "003e.0000.0000.001.002.000.000.000.000") ist aufgrund eines Ausfalls eines Benutzermodustreibers offline. Ein Neustart des Geräts wird 5 Mal versucht. Weitere Informationen zu diesem Problem erhalten Sie beim Gerätehersteller.

Graphic-card drivers (Displaylink and Intels'integrated ones) are up to date. Firmwares (dock and Notebook) are also up to date.
Same in our company (10k+ Targus Dockingstations), most likely with Lenovo X380 / Yoga 370, always with USB-C and two Screens connected trough DP.

Hopefully there will be an answer soon.
Closed Thread