Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 06-25-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
JohnQ

Post Screensaver issues second screen

Since some time now we are experiencing the following problem with some of our laptops.

When the laptop is connected to an USB docking station and the screensaver is started due to inactivity, the screensaver is only shown on the laptop screen and not on the external screen. I can even work normally on the external screen without stopping the screensaver on the laptop screen.

I have tested it with display port connection and HDMI connection and both do the same.

If I connect the screen directly via HDMI to the laptop (so with out the dock), the screensaver works normally.

There is also an issue when the laptop is connected via the docking station and the laptop screen is closed and only the external screen is working.
When the laptop now goes into screensaver mode due to inactivity for 5 minutes, the screen becomes black. Now when you want to continue working and wiggle the mouse for example you will see the mouse pointer move but the screen stays black. Now to get the screen back you will have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and the login screen shows to unlock the workstation.

I have tested this with different connections to the screen and different docking stations (all USB models). I also tested it with different version of Windows 10 and all show the same issue. I am on the latest stable driver.

Hope someone can help me resolve this issue.
JohnQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black screen, screen saver, screensaver