Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release

Old 02-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
dcoulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by displaylinker View Post
dcoulson, if you have a Mac, would you be so kindly to install the Movist app from http://www.macupdate.com/download/27...ist_v0.6.8.zip to test if it runs any video files at the default settings, when this OWC displayLink adapter is connected? Any .avi or .mov files would do. If it works, The "Controls > Play faster/slower" function should work properly.
Works fine on my Mac Mini running 1.6b3. Doesn't play on the DL display, but it plays properly and responds to controls on my other two native displays.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:23 AM   #12
displaylinker

This is exactly the kind of info I needed. Thanks!!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:23 AM   #13
dcoulson

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by displaylinker View Post
This is exactly the kind of info I needed. Thanks!!
So when you use it, it doesn't display anything on any of your screens? Are you mirroring displays?
Old 02-18-2011, 06:51 AM   #14
displaylinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoulson View Post
So when you use it, it doesn't display anything on any of your screens? Are you mirroring displays?
Under default settings, when opening a .mov or .avi file on either main/native or DL screen, Movist doesn't want to run, giving error: "The operation couldn't be completed (Quicktime error 6)."

However, if I go to "Advanced>Codec Binding" and "Set all to FFmpeg" then Movist would play on both the main/native and DL screens.

But under this mode, the "Control>Play speed faster/slower" doesn't work anymore, which is the most important feature I need from Movist to play speed at 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 all the way to 2.5.

Can anyone verify that OWC's adapter does not exhibit the above issues? Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited by displaylinker; 02-20-2011 at 01:24 PM.